To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

new android phone transfer of info

sdg1963
sdg1963
Community Member

I am switching from Samsung 7 to Samsung 8 and transferred all my apps. When trying to open 1Password, it doesn't work. I can open the app, (with no problems) on the old phone using the fingerprint or Master Password option. However on the new phone, no luck. I can't even access my account on my laptop as it isn't accepting my email address (unrecognised). I even tried my previous email address and nothing happens. I am sure I purchased the app and have been using it for a few years now.

I can't get the app working on the new phone, it's asking to scan my account details and I am at a loss as I can't find any of the info required:

sign in address / email address / secret key / master password (this i know).

Help!

How do I activate this again?

1Password Version: 6.7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: android
Sync Type: usb cable

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @sdg1963

1Password "Account" refers to people who are using our 1Password.com Membership subscription service. Have you been using a 1Password.com membership? If not then the Secret Key, sign-in address stuff won't apply to you. Since you have an Android the device, the other option you had for syncing your data was through Dropbox. Does that ring any bells? If you synced your 1Password via Dropbox go back to the front page of the welcome screen you are presented with and click the Dropbox option and follow the instructions you were given to restore your data.

• sdg1963
    sdg1963
    Community Member

Awesome, that works.

The only concern I have is do I have an account, have I paid for the app? So confusing.

Thank you again for your assistance.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@sdg1963 - I can't really answer that question, but you may be able to. There are currently two ways to use 1Password:

As a standalone product:

• You purchase licenses for each platform separately.
    • These licenses include all in-version updates, but a major version upgrade (such as 1Password 7) may require a paid upgrade.
    • You choose how to sync your data. You can set up sync using a third party service (like Dropbox or iCloud.) If you do not set up sync, your data will remain on your device.

With a 1Password account:

• You sign up for an account at 1Password.com.
    • Your subscription includes the 1Password apps across all platforms, with all updates and upgrades for as long as your account is active.
    • Once you sign in to your account in 1Password on a new device, all of your data is instantly available - no need to set up third-party sync.

So, which of these (if either) do you remember doing? Did you pay a single-time purchase for a standalone app (Android, Windows, etc.)? Or did you visit the main 1Password sign-up page and sign up for an account?

This discussion has been closed.