App Store standalone download for iOS

tofu4brains
tofu4brains
Community Member

I have standalone 1Pass for Mac v.6.8.7 purchased from App Store. I now have an iPhone6 - what do I need to do to also install on iPhone? I don't see an option on App Store to download an iOS version.

1Password Version: v.6.8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@tofu4brains - OK, first of all, I nominate you for best username ever. :)

If you open the App Store on your iPhone 6, you should be able to search on 1Password and find us. If you can't, the question would be: what version of iOS are you running? The current version of 1Password for iOS (7.0.6) requires iOS 11. Because the App Store will not allow you to download anything but the newest version if you haven't previously downloaded an app, if you're not running a device that's on iOS 11, you won't see 1Password.

• tofu4brains
    tofu4brains
    Community Member

I downloaded the iOS app but am unable to install w/out a code, which I don't have access to without an account. To obtain this account, I have to delete my App Store version. I assume this is because you want me to switch to a subscription account, which I am not interested in. How can I obtain the required code without a membership account?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tofu4brains: Installing iOS apps — including 1Password — does not involve a "code". Are you perhaps trying to sign in with a 1Password Account during setup? Indeed, you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from another device or create a new vault. Have you tried not choosing the account/membership option? There are a number of others for existing users: Dropbox, iCloud, new standalone vault. Let me know.

This discussion has been closed.