Regarding "Official announcement" of Duo Security coming out of Beta

Options
DariusR
DariusR
Community Member
edited March 2018 in Business and Teams

Hello,

I was excited to receive an email about Duo Security coming out of Beta, but even more so when I read this line:

Duo now works in your 1Password desktop and mobile apps. Your team members will occasionally be prompted to authenticate with Duo as they use 1Password. You can adjust how often they're prompted by changing your Duo settings.

The only problem is that despite several iterative tests trying to trigger the Duo 2FA prompt on the Windows 1Password7 app and the Android app, I have yet to get any sort of prompt from 2FA, except on the website.

Some of these tests where done with a Duo Basic account behind a 'trusted network' IP that had been configured to always prompt new logins. Still no dice.

Was this announcement a mistake? A sign of whats happening in the Beta versions of the apps?

Please tell me its working and I'm just doing something wrong :)

1Password Version: 7.0.531
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2018
    Options

Hi @DariusR,

How often do you have Duo set to prompt for authentication? Some accounts were set to prompt upon every login to 1Password, and that option is no longer available (reset to 30 days if that were the case).

Ben

ref: HET-58941-716

• Ben
    Options

I see you’ve also emailed in with this question, and John is working on a reply to you. He should be in touch soon. Let’s continue the conversation there. For the future, please try to avoid contacting us via multiple channels regarding the same issue. It causes a duplication of efforts on our part which slows down the support process for everyone, yourself included.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.