It would be really handy to be able to screenshot something, and drop it into a note, or note field

Options
jhowell275
jhowell275
Community Member

Quite often when registering, a site will ask you to set up security questions. This can be one of the most tedious parts of registering for a website. I've found the fastest way to capture this is to screenshot the form, capturing the questions and the answers. However, I can't save that screenshot into 1Password. I've noted other people on the support forum asking for the same thing.

It would be really handy to be able to capture images and paste them into the notes field on a login.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:save screenshot

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jhowell275

My personal workflow on this is to use the words based generation of our Secure Password Generator to create answers to these questions, then create a new section on the Login item in question, and save them in this sort of a format:

It takes a little while to set up but 1) the information is generated so it wouldn’t be possible for someone to guess the answers to the questions by knowing me, and 2) it is all in text form so it can be copy & pasted. Might be something to consider. :) That said, if you prefer the screenshot approach for the up-front simplicity you can add photos as Documents to 1Password.com based vaults, and then link them to a login item through the Related Items feature. We do not have plans to bring this feature to standalone vaults.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Custom fields can be handy for adding other details to your items beyond security questions/answers (like Ben suggested). Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.