1PW7 tag feature request - tag collapsing for easier navigation

Options
Superfandominatrix
Superfandominatrix
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I am increasingly a fan of the new tagging system 1PW7 for Windows. I especially like the nested tagging that is possible.

Since I was originally using 1PW on Mac, I have a ton of legacy tags. Too many, in fact. What would be awesome would be the ability to collapse nested tags at the parent tag to make navigating the tag panel easier. Right now the the window scrollbar is really narrow and hard to get the cursor properly positioned over. If I could collapse the tags, I would make drilling down to the correct tagging area, a lot easier. Misclick the narrow scrollbar, and the navigation pane starts jumping around erratically.

I currently have ~40 un-nested tags. I plan to replace the old 1PW4 folder structure with ~20 new tags. The tag navigation pane is just getting really unwieldy at those numbers. Nesting and collapsing would make the tag navigation a bunch more smooth.

1Password Version: 1Password 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win8.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Superfandominatrix,

Thanks for the request. I’m glad you liking the improved tag system in 1Password 7 so far and we’re definitely not done with tags, a lot of improvements are coming.

Collapsing/expanding tags is coming in a future update, we’ve already confirmed that plan in the 7.0.532 Beta changelog.

We have a few blockers that we need to address before the collapsing feature works but stay tuned.

• jtrott
    jtrott
    Community Member
    Options

Can we get collapsing tags for Mac also?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We'll be implementing tags the same way across all platforms. :)

This discussion has been closed.