Upgrade from version 3

This discussion was created from comments split from: Updating OS to 'High Sierra'.

Comments

• ASCHEUER
    ASCHEUER
    Community Member

Why am I receiving a message "Trial expired. Click here to buy" ? when I just updated to version 5 from ver 3.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Did you make a payment when you updated?

Version 3 to version 4 was a paid upgrade. Versions 4 to 5 and 5 to6 are free upgrades.

If you did pay, there's something wrong which needs investigation by AgileBits staff.

If you didn't pay, you can still pay an upgrade price and continue using 1`PW as before. But if you have more than one platform (Mac OS, iOS, Android, and Windows) there's a strong case for changing to the newer subscription model.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ASCHEUER: Indeed, a 1Password 3 license is not valid for recent versions. However, a 1Password.com membership includes all of the latest versions of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.