1PW7 Request: Show a list of all objects without tags

mort
mort
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

When still having folders instead of tags I loved the option to have a listing of all items that haven't been stored in a folder yet. Now I would love to see an option that shows all items that do not use a single tag. I always used this to easily find a new stored item and being able to place it into a folder.

As a user I want to see a list of all items without a tag, so that I have direct access to new items that still needs to be tagged.

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Local and manual sync (full of win!)

Comments

• Hi @mort,

Thanks for requesting this.

Try this: tag: in the search field, it'll return you the list of untagged items.

• mort
    mort
    Community Member

Well, that was fast. Thank you for your help and now I feel sorry, that I did not read that myself somewhere here before posting, though I did have a look. In my point of view that could be still an fixed optional link in the menu.

• MikeT
    edited March 2018

Hi @mort,

Please do not feel like that at all. This isn't documented anywhere outside of our changelog, so no reasonable users would've known.

We plan to add an advanced search UI in a future update, so that if you click into the search field, you could expand to enable certain filters.

We currently support: tag:, title:, file: and plan to add more while building the UI to be powered by them.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Try this: tag: in the search field, it'll return you the list of untagged items.

Thanks @MikeT . It worked for me too. ;)

We plan to add an advanced search UI in a future update, so that if you click into the search field, you could expand to enable certain filters.

This would be a nice feature. I also wanted to search for all items which doesn't have a tag. Now I know a workaround. But I would love to see such filters in search field. :)

• 👍I want the same thing and I keep nagging at our team to add it. :smile:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

and I keep nagging at our team to add it

Great @MikeT . :)

• :smile:

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member

Please do it :).

• We will, just give us some time. We're still working on performance first before we can keep adding more features.

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member

No hurry :).

This discussion has been closed.