Customizing more keyboard shortcuts

Hi!

Is it possible to adjust more keyboard shortcuts than just "Show 1Password mini"?
I'd like to customize my auto-fill shortcut.

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @melkhior,

Our default keyboard shortcut for 1Password mini in Settings includes both: 1Password mini and filling on the websites. For example, if you press Ctrl + Alt + \ you will open 1Password mini, but if you press just Ctrl + \ 1Password should fill your credentials on the webpage you are currently on. Please try to change the last symbol for this shortcut in Settings and let me know if this is what you need. :)

Please check the rest of the available shortcuts in 1Password here:

1Password keyboard shortcuts (Windows)

We have plans to improve the customization of keyboard shortcuts in the future updates for 1Password for Windows, but I do not have any timeframe for you now. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• melkhior
    melkhior
    Community Member

The thing is, I'd like my 1Password mini bind to be Ctrl + Alt + \, and for my auto-fill to be Alt + Z.

• MikeT
    edited March 2018

Hi @melkhior,

That's definitely coming in a future update, we plan to add more shortcuts and let you customize it completely, so that you're not limited to Control + Alt.

We ran into some unexpected limitations with our current method of registering keyboard shortcuts, which is why we haven't expanded it yet. We're going to rebuild it to be more flexible and more reliable.

ref: OPW-396

• melkhior
    melkhior
    Community Member

Shame, hoped to see it in 1Password 7 :(
    Is there some ETA on when we can expect to see it?

• @melkhior: Nothing is real until it's shipped and estimates are unwise until we're getting closer. This isn't something we've started on just yet (we've been working on 1Password 7, after all), so we have ideas and plans, but we don't know what issues we might run into. In short, no ETA right now, but it's something we've wanted for a good long while, so fingers crossed it's not too long coming. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.