1P 7 with 1P4 on IPad

Options
Andrew42
Andrew42
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I am thinking of switching to 1P7 on my PC but wonder if I can continue to use 1P4 on my IPhone and IPad. Will they co-exist or do I lose access to passwords on those items during Beta?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @andrew42,

Thank you for getting in touch!

1Password 7 for Windows does not support .agilekeychain format, so if you are using an .agilekeychain local vault in 1Password on your iOS devices, you will need to import and convert your existing vault with the help of 1Password 7 for Windows and then point 1Password on your iOS devices to your new .opvault vault.

However, the current version of 1Password for iOS is 7.0.6. Is there a particular reason why you are still running an old version of 1Password 4 on your iPhone and iPad? Do you have an old version of iOS there? Please let us know before we can proceed.

Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

Greg, thanks for getting back to me. Currently I run 1Password 4 on my PC, my IPhone and my IPad. On my PC I have opvault and I sync via Dropbox. Brenty has suggested that I try out V7 becasue of issues I have been having with V4 that we are unable to clear up. I had assumed, maybe wrongly, that if I move my PC to V7 I would have to change the apps on my IPad and IPhone to a new version. However I live in Switzerland and there are no V7 apps available in the Apple stores I can access. Whence my question whether I can run V7 on my PC and still use the current apps I have on my Iphone and IPad, (which I assumed are for V4).

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Andrew42,

In that case, yes, you should be able to sync the same OPVault data between 1Password 7 for Windows and 1Password 4 for iOS. Note that due to its age (2014), there may be some limitations in 1Password for iOS that would be addressed in later releases. For an example, it shouldn't work with Dropbox as it had an older APIs that Dropbox killed.

What iOS version are you using on your iOS devices? 1Password 5 for iOS requires iOS 8, 6 requires 9.3 and 7 requires iOS 11. You can find the details here: https://support.1password.com/system-requirements/

Did you previously change your country for your AppleID account? It is odd you don't see 1Password 5-7.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

Mike, I don't know what I'm talking about, I now see that my IPad updated itself two days ago to version 7.0.6. It seems to operate exactly as it used to. I need to play around a bit and see what's different. But if I also find my IPhone has update to 7.0.6 as well I will convert my PC to the Beta over the weekend. Sorry to have taken up your and Greg's time on this.

• MikeT
    Options

No worries, we're happy to help any time.

Let us know how you manage with 1Password over the weekend and have a great weekend as well.

This discussion has been closed.