Window size not saved between sessions

JayTay
JayTay
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hopefully my last issue for now! If I open up 1Password 7, resize the window, quit the application then open it again the window returns to the original default size ignoring whatever I last resized it to.

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2018

You're right - I experience the same thing here @JayTay. I'll file an issue but I suspect development may already know about this one. :) Thanks for reporting it.

Ben

ref: apple-99

• @artemsyd,

Yup, the changelog is the definitive listing of what changes have gone into a particular release. Not everything that gets reported will get completed in time for a particular beta, there will always be another beta though.

Rudy

• debstr
    debstr
    Community Member

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one this is happening to. It's so annoying to have to waste time enlarging the 1P7 window every time I open it. And if click on the icon that should automatically enlarge it, it instead clips out the single password item, like clipping a coupon from a newspaper. I can then move that one clipped item all around my screen, but why would I want to do that? What the heck is that all about and why would that even be a feature?

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

@debstr Are you still seeing the issue with 1Password 7.0.4? This was fixed a while back and it's remembering the last window size for me just fine.

Also, that two-squares button is doing exactly what it should be! It pops out and pins the current login to your screen.

• debstr
    debstr
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

@Henry No, I'm not having that issue anymore. I had actually forgotten it. Outta sight, outta mind. Thanks!

Also, that two-squares button is doing exactly what it should be! It pops out and pins the current login to your screen.

Regarding that pop out, I had figured it had been a fixed issue since it has stopped popping out for me. LOL!

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

@debstr I'm glad to hear that it's fixed for you too, yay!

Regarding that pop out, I had figured it had been a fixed issue since it has stopped popping out for me. LOL!

Well that sounds weird. Hopefully that would be resolved with a reboot, but I'll be on the lookout for similar reports just in case.

• debstr
    debstr
    Community Member

Well that sounds weird. Hopefully that would be resolved with a reboot, but I'll be on the lookout for similar reports just in case.

@Henry Not having it doesn't bother me since I didn't really like it. But I may not have like it because I thought it was a glitch and not a feature and I didn't know how to use it. Perhaps I would like if I new how to use it. In any case, I'm certainly not complaining about it being missing. 😃

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

@debstr Glad you're not bothered! If it becomes much of an issue, though, we might just have to fix it. :)

• edythafrancis
    edythafrancis
    Community Member

Just a minor follow up on a variant of this issue: using 1Password 7 Version 7.0.5.BETA-2 (70005002) on a system with multiple monitors (3 in this case arranged two side by side and one above), 1Password always starts on the far most monitor (far left) regardless of where it was when quit. i.e. if 1Password was repositioned to the right monitor (which has been set as the primary monitor) then quit, upon restart, 1Password appears on the far left.

Hope that description made sense :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@edythafrancis: That's interesting. Do you maybe have it assigned to that space?

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25574

• edythafrancis
    edythafrancis
    Community Member

@brenty Good thought - double checked and that's not it. I don't have any spaces running, just the three monitors (you can never have too much screen real estate). Any other diagnostic information I could give you?

• debstr
    debstr
    Community Member

So @Henry, the pop-out started again. I still don't know what I'm supposed to do with it, but now that I know it's a feature I just ignore it.

Strangely, as of the last couple of days whenever I open 1Password the window is small again. I don't know why. That is irritating, since I have to make the window larger every time.

• Hi all,

The issue here is that normally it's macOS that saves the position of windows. All we do is set the window to autosave, and the OS is taking care of the rest. The hard part here is figuring out why it isn't doing that, or if it's somehow getting wrong information. We continue to look at it, but it is puzzling, especially when it's difficult to reproduce.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @ag_kevin,

I note your comment. After a period of the window size being saved, I am now running into the same issue with Mojave 10.14 Beta (18A336e).

Perhaps it will get resolved when next beta of Mojave is released?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HRD: I believe that some folks on other versions of maOS are still experiencing this issue, but hopefully if it only popped up for you in the current beta it's something that can at least be resolved for you in a later one. Thank you for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.