mini not asking to be unlocked - strange screen after reboot or wake from sleep

Options
mtissington
mtissington
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

When I show the mini from either the browser (FireFox) or the system tray I get the attached screen. It should be prompting me to unlock 1Password

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @mtissington,

Thanks for writing in.

Just to be clear, you're seeing this after you reboot and click on 1Password icon first? I just rebooted several times and I cannot see what you're seeing.

If you open the main 1Password window, what do you see?

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member
    Options

Oh very strange - I've had this several times with the current build. Now when I suspend/resume my laptop it works correctly - but it happened again a first thing this morning. I see it mostly after a resume (from sleep over night or a few hours) ... I click the icon in the system tray and the image is what I get. I have to open the main 1Password window to unlock.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @mtissington,

Hmm, do you keep your browser running when sleeping the laptop? I'm not seeing it yet on my Surface Pro but there might be something specific to your setup that I need to change on the Surface. Does your laptop go to hibernate mode after a while?

The screenshot you shows is what it would look like if it has no decryption key to work with, so it does look like the lock view itself is missing.

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member
    Options

No browser open... I can't seem to force it happen ... when (not if) it happens next time are there any logs that might help?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @mtissington,

Sadly, there's no logs for UI glitches like that but try sending us your 1Password diagnostics report, we never know if there are unexpected internal errors. Use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member
    Options

Email sent

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mtissington,

Found it! We will get back to you via email. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,