Can't login and can't unlock iCloud vault (only on iPad)

Options
NoEarthlyReason
NoEarthlyReason
Community Member

I use the standalone apps on macOS and iOS (iPhone 6S and iPad Air 2). About two weeks ago I found I had been locked out of 1Password on my iPad, on which I usually log in using Touch ID. I entered the master password correctly, even typed it in another app and copy/pasted it, but the app wouldn't let me log in. I deleted and reinstalled the app which led to the sequence of screens below. The app finds my iCloud vault but I can't log in. I am certain the password I'm entering is correct because I use it to log in to the Mac app every time I reboot the machine and load macOS. My iPhone is also running version 7.0.6 and is unaffected.

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.2.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @NoEarthlyReason

It sounds like your data in iCloud may be stale. The first thing I would recommend is making a backup of your 1Password data on your Mac:

1Password backups - 1Password Support

Once you've done so can you please check and see if your Mac is actually configured to sync 1Password with iCloud? This can be found in 1Password > Preferences > Sync > Primary.

Please let us know. Please don't make further changes until we've had a chance to review your findings.

Ben

• NoEarthlyReason
    NoEarthlyReason
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben

An automatic backup was done a few moments ago and my Mac is syncing to iCloud (last sync also a few mins ago).

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @NoEarthlyReason. In that case I'd recommend resetting the data in iCloud. Instructions can be found here:

If you're having trouble syncing with iCloud - 1Password Support

Ben

• NoEarthlyReason
    NoEarthlyReason
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @Ben.

I followed the linked instructions and couldn't restart the sync on my iPhone (password not accepted). I didn't try on my iPad.

So I wondered if the problem was with my password, specifically the fact that it contained a backslash. So I changed the master password on the Mac app to something alphanumeric and have now successfully logged back in on both iPhone and iPad.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update. The backslash shouldn’t be causing a problem, so I would bet that it was just that changing the password kickstarted things. Glad to hear that worked.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.