Two 1Password mini in Menu bar

Options
Dianeoforegon
Dianeoforegon
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

After installing the beta, I had two 1Password mini icons in the Menu bar. I was unable to select quit from either mini icon. I had to launch 1Password v6 to select “not to show mini in the Menu bar” but ran into an issue where it wouldn't let me save. I had to check don't show window to get window to stop popping back up.

I suggest you have users that are upgrading from v6 to quit the mini first and remove all browser extensions before installing v7. Safari is the only extension that was upgraded to the v7 extension. Firefox, Chrome and Opera all still had the old version installed.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-1 (70000001) AgileBit
Extension Version: 4.7.1.2
OS Version: 10.13.4 build 7
Sync Type: 1Password subscription

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@Dianeoforegon,

You'll definitely want to not relaunch 1Password 6 after installing 7. The Installer should have also forced you to quit the older versions of 1Password in order to install.

FireFox, Chrome and Opera don't get any new extension. Safari is the only one there.

Rudy

• Dianeoforegon
    Dianeoforegon
    Community Member
    Options

I had not restarted v6. I had quit 1Password 6 before installing v7 but the mini was still running for v6 after installing v7.

• KBeat
    KBeat
    Community Member
    Options

Same. I was not, and have (well, had) not, run 1Password 6 since launching 1Password 7 (there is no installer). I've even restarted my machine since moving to 1Password 7. It didn't matter, both versions of 1Password mini were running in my toolbar.

The only solution was to launch 1Password 6, against Rudy's advice, and manually disable 1Password mini.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @KBeat. Quitting mini and dragging 1Password 6 to the trash should do it as well.

Ben

• KBeat
    KBeat
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! I've not deleted 6 yet, so I'll add that step. Cheers.

• Ben
    Options

:+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.