3rd party app integrations (Alfred, LaunchBar, etc) [3rd party apps will need to update]

Options

Comments

• 1puburap
    1puburap
    Community Member
    Options

it's only ?onepasswdfill=

• Hi @1puburap ,

OK thanks. I'll send that along to the Alfred devs.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Alfred has a post on their forum saying they have contacted 1Password about the open and fill issue.

• Ben
    Options

Great. :)

Ben

• nriley
    nriley
    Community Member
    Options

I commonly use LaunchBar to open sites in 1Password as it's quite a bit faster to search than the 1Password mini/popup.

It used to be that typing something and pressing Return in LaunchBar would trigger an "open and fill". I know open and fill is not yet working in Safari, and even the "open" part is still flaky for me right now, but is this supposed to happen?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-9
    Extension Version: 7.0.BETA-9
    OS Version: 10.13.5
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• rudy
    Options

@nriley,

Thanks for the heads up. Opening of metadata files has not been wired back up yet.

Rudy

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nriley,

and even the "open" part is still flaky for me right now

Here's how I got LaunchBar to open (not "and fill" yet) files in the 1Password Item Metadata format using 1Password Helper Extension. Apologies in advance for the non-optimal sized image examples.

1. Search for 1Password Item Metadata files, e.g. with Finder:

2. Select one of those files and choose File > Get Info (Command-I shortcut) to open the Info window for it:

3. Choose 1Password 7 under the "Open with" menu:

4. Click Change All below the menu, then click Continue in this alert:

After that, you'll be able to open items from 1Password 7 for Mac using LaunchBar – I hope. :chuffed:

• Dianeoforegon
    Dianeoforegon
    Community Member
    Options

Is this with a subscription vault? I have no 1Password data in Caches > Metadata.

• nriley
    nriley
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk — Thanks! This helps somewhat. After reassociating the metadata files with 1Password 7 and finding something in LaunchBar:

• If I press Command-Return it behaves as it did in 1Password 6 and reveals the item in the main 1Password app (although it also enters edit mode — not sure if this is intentional?)

• If I just press Return then it opens the item for viewing both in the main app and in an individual item window (what used to be the "anchored" view in 1Password 6). This doesn't trigger my browser at all unless I click.

The first is sometimes what I want; the second is never what I want. Guessing this is the part that @rudy et al still needs to get to :-)

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @nriley. :)

@Dianeoforegon Do you have 3rd party integrations enabled?

• Dianeoforegon
    Dianeoforegon
    Community Member
    Options

No, 3rd party was not turned on. Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Okay, that would explain it. Thanks for the update. :+1: :)

Ben

• 1puburap
    1puburap
    Community Member
    Options

Hey,
    I wanted to ask if you have heard anything new concerning the "open and fill" option with Alfred which doesn't work yet?
    Cheers,
    Fritz

• Ben
    Options

Hi @1puburap,

I know there has been some communication between our team and theirs but I don’t have anything new to share. I believe updates may be required on both sides.

Ben

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben,

Any movement on this with Alfred as the problem persists.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @HRD

I don’t have any news right now unfortunately. I will follow up with our team and see if we can get an update posted here.

Ben

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben,

I have been in touch with Alfred and Andrew is saying this:

'I essentially have this fixed for the next Alfred build (aside from some quirks which I reported back to 1Password). I'll likely have a pre-release build out next week'

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for sharing, @HRD. :)

Ben

• jwohlfeil
    jwohlfeil
    Community Member
    Options

Doesn't work for me, too. There's only the ?onepasswdfill= parameter, the other one is missing. Works if i use 1Password or 1Password mini in Chrome, but not with Alfred 3.6.1.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jwohlfeil

At this point it isn’t expected to work. Alfred is working on an update (see here).

Ben

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben,

I nudged Alfred and received this response:

I rolled my 1Password changes back out as the beta was broken for open and fill, then they reverted back to the old Safari extension... which should work again with the current version of Alfred (in my testing anyway). I'm continuing to monitor this situation though.

I replied:

Thanks for that. My default browser is Chrome and as far as I can tell open and fill is not working but this may be a bug with 1Password 7. I will pass on your latest and revert when I get a response.

Any thoughts?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We don't have any news on this front, but we'll continue to work with them to iron out any kinks as the beta progresses — with both apps. Cheers! :)

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @brenty,

Thanks - I had assumed this was the case but I thought I would pass on what Alfred said.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Absolutely! Greatly appreciated. Thanks also for your patience while we get all of our ducks in a row. :chuffed:

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @brenty,

Any progress with this?

• Ben
    Options

@HRD

Our team plans to reach out to Alfred tomorrow and see if they still need anything from our end, but our impression was that the latest Alfred beta works with 1Password 7. Either way, we should know more after that conversation happens.

Ben

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben,

Thanks - I assume you have read what I posted from the Alfred forum above?

I am not convinced this is resolved.

• Ben
    Options

I’m not seeing any more posts on the Alfred forum... nothing since May 15th?

Ben

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben,

Correct. I could nudge them again but as you mentioned above you would contacting them, so probably best that I leave it to you.

• Ben
    Options

If this isn’t currently working for you it probably wouldn’t hurt to let the Alfred folks know. I believe when we last left it everyone was under the impression this was working after we ditched SAE and Alfred reverted their changes. But yes, we’ll be reaching out to them again, hopefully tomorrow, to see what the status is.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.