Like new layout where selections are at the top of screeen, but would love to see tags at top

Options
Dianeoforegon
Dianeoforegon
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Love that Edit/Save, Favorites and Share/Move is at the top. Would love to see a quick option to add a tag in the top header or at least move the tag field closer to the top. The tag field is way towards the bottom making you scroll down past fields you aren't even using to add a tag. Tags are one of my most used options.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-1 (70000001) AgileBit
Extension Version: 4.7.1.2
OS Version: 10.13.4 build 7
Sync Type: 1Password subscription

Comments

• ag_kevin
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi @Dianeoforegon ,

That's a great suggestion. I'll pass it along to the rest of the team. Thanks for taking the time to write it in.

Cheers,
    Kevin

ref: apple-129

• Thanks for the feedback @Dianeoforegon! I've tried to order the item detail view in order of how often the fields are referenced or needed to copy. I've always thought of tags as something used for organizational purposes rather than something needed to reference frequently so I'm very hesitant to move it toward the top and push other frequently referenced fields down.

It sounds like your primary desire here is to be able to quickly add and remove tags rather than wanting the added visibility in the item detail view, is that right? I think a potentially better solution might be to add tags to the menu when you control-click (right-click) on an item in the list. This would make it much easier to add and remove existing tags without needing to edit the item at all and matches up with how macOS handles tags as well. I don't think this is going to make it into the 1Password 7 launch as there are a number of other areas we're really focused on right now but it's definitely an idea I'd like to play with some more in the future.

• Dianeoforegon
    Dianeoforegon
    Community Member
    Options

@danvpeterson

I think a potentially better solution might be to add tags to the menu when you control-click (right-click) on an item in the list. This would make it much easier to add and remove existing tags without needing to edit the item at all and matches up with how macOS handles tags as well.

Yes, this is a great solution. Look forward to seeing this added.

• danvpeterson
    edited January 2019
    Options

Good to hear! I created a feature request in our system for it so we don't forget and will gauge interest from others so we can prioritize it. Thanks again :smile:

ref: apple-276

This discussion has been closed.