1Password 7 - beta 1: pop-out items clarification?

Options
Stephen_C
Stephen_C
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

The news that appeared in my news feed said this about pop-out items:

If you use lots of different apps on your Mac or enjoy viewing multiple items at once, you’re going to love this: click the icon on the toolbar and your item details are whisked away into a new sticky window that will stick around until you dismiss it.

I can achieve that with one selected item at any one time. Is it intended to work only with one item at a time (rather than allowing you to open multiple items in separate windows)? (I'm not complaining: it's a very useful new feature. I am merely unclear whether it's working as intended.)

As a supplemental issue, I'm assuming the inability to retain a resized pop-out window is perhaps related to the already reported inability, in beta 1, to retain the size of the main window itself between launches. If not, it would be good in any event to be able to retain any re-sizing of the pop-out window.

Stephen

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-1
Extension Version: 4.7.1.2
OS Version: OS X 10.13.3
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member
    Options

Agreed. I selected multiple items and pressed the Pop-Out button and expected all of them to display in individual windows but only one did. Having to pop-out items one at a time significantly reduces the usability of this great feature.

• rudy
    Options

@OAW,

Thanks for the feedback.

Rudy

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @Stephen_C! That's a great question. The approach we took with the toolbar was focused on the item's details, not the whole list of items, so it is indeed the intended design here. Selecting more than one item and clicking the pop-out button will only display the last one selected.

As a supplemental issue, I'm assuming the inability to retain a resized pop-out window is perhaps related to the already reported inability, in beta 1, to retain the size of the main window itself between launches. If not, it would be good in any event to be able to retain any re-sizing of the pop-out window.

It's a different issue, actually. We're not quite sure whether it's going to retain its size or reset to the regular one, but I've let the team know you asked about it so we know there's interest in one behavior over the other. :)

• zeFraenk
    zeFraenk
    Community Member
    Options

I think it would also be nice to have a keyboard short cut like cmd+O to open the pop-outs item(s).

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion, @zeFraenk.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.