Adding New Items Is Unintuitive

Nil
Nil
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi,

A little bit of feedback:

Once I purchased the license, I wanted to add it to my vault for safekeeping, but I couldn't find an option in the UI to do it. Sure, I was able to find it in the menubar, but I think it should be easier and you should bring back the add button like in v6.

Kim

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Nil ,

There's a + button at the top of the item list beside the search field. I missed it to when it was first moved, but it seems to belong in the column that holds the item list, since you are adding to the list items, not adding something to a displayed item.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• Nil
    Nil
    Community Member

Thanks, yeah I've noticed it a little bit after I posted this too.

I don't know how I missed it at first... could have sworn it wasn't there :)

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni

I had a similar problem when it was moved to the bottom years ago (1Password 5?). And I work here!

• micste
    micste
    Community Member

I cannot see any ADD (+) Button in any area of the interface - in Version 7.0 Beta (so cannot add any Tag, Folder, etc. the rest only via Menu!!)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

@micste I've no idea whether you're using the stand alone version (with local vaults) or the subscription version (at 1Password.com) but using the stand alone version the button is here:

I don't know if it's different if you're using the subscription model, although I doubt it.

Edit: I was also unclear from your post whether you were trying to add things other than items in 1Password categories. If you still have a problem do please post again and explain exactly what you want to add.

Stephen

• micste
    micste
    Community Member

Sorry, no Button at this place (I´m not on Subscription Model!) I´m a 1PWD user since about 10 years :)

• micste
    micste
    Community Member

MAGIC .... closed 1PDW ... NOW it´s there :)

.... nevertheless, how do I manage (ADD) TAGS, Folders, etc .....??

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

That is very odd! What version of the beta are you using? Do you see the 1Password 7 > File > New Item menu, with the list of possible new items?

Edit: Try expanding the width of that pane to see if the button appears.

Stephen

• .... nevertheless, how do I manage (ADD) TAGS, Folders, etc .....??

In the tags section of an item type the name of the tag that you want to add. It'll be created automatically once an item has been given that tag.

Ben

• Tran
    Tran
    Community Member

I had the same problem too!

In my case, 1Password 7 was read-only (I'm guessing the Add button is hidden in read-only state). I purchased a licence. No add button. I had to lock and unlock to see that Add button.

• Thanks for the feedback, @Tran. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.