Friction with Vaults

Options
Nil
Nil
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi,

I have several vaults for personal, work and other purposes. Here are two suggestions:

1. Make switching vaults easier

In the past it was really easy to switch between vaults and find a specific item, because it was just two clicks.

But now you default to the vault list when you click on the vault selector and then it requires a double click to actually go to the categories.

It may not sound like much, but it feels like a step back in something that I do multiple times a day and adds a lot of friction. I understand why you decided to go that way (drag and drop between vaults), but perhaps you could consider adding another way to switch vaults:

I suggest a right click on the current vault brings up a popup selector like in v6 that allows you to go straight to another vault with just one click (Just like in 1P Mini).

2. Allow reordering of vaults

I LOVE that you can add icons to the vaults, but I would like it even more if I could sort the order in which they appear. Especially, since you can switch between vaults with command+1,2,3,..

Thanks, Kim

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2018
    Options

Hi @Nil

but perhaps you could consider adding another way to switch vaults

We did:

Especially, since you can switch between vaults with command+1,2,3,..

;)

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll pass both of these points along to the rest of the team.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.