uninstall program 1Password 7

Options
FWS
FWS
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

is there an uninstall program for 1 Password 7 ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:uninstall program 1Password 7

Comments

• Ben
    Options

There is not. You can completely quit 1Password and then drag it to the trash to uninstall it.

Ben

• pjh
    pjh
    Community Member
    Options

The problem is it won't quit (at least on my Mac).

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You can quit 1Password completely by pressing control + option + command + Q.

Stephen

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

Stephen: Nope, I can't get rid of it either. Tried your recommendation above. It won't quit, it won't delete, it won't go into trash - keeps telling me the 1PW 7 is open, but its not!!! Any other ideas would be appreciated. It won't let go! And, I've already re-installed 6.8.8

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

There is an alternative method of quitting completely outlined in this AgileBits' post (on the Mac forum) which you can try.

Stephen

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tuni12 In case Stephen's great suggestion right there doesn't help you totally quit 1Password 7, let me know!

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

Henry, thanks finally (with a great deal of trouble) and 2 full days.....gnashing of teeth etc...finally got the update to quit, and reinstalled 6.8.8. Am afraid to try to upgrade again.....I'd like to use it, tried the Membership trial option but found it very difficult to install and set up. The instructions, have read them all, are not user-friendly at all. At least not for this "non-techie" old lady. I would need a step-by-step instruction, clearly written and defined. Seems that its just not there yet...maybe I'll try again in the future (probably not unless I'm forced to) Thx

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad you got it figured out at last, @tuni12! In a few months' time, you can drop us a line and we'll be much less overwhelmingly busy (plus 1Password 7 will have a lot more polish!) and we can walk you through the whole process then, so you get everything set up perfectly. :)

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

Wow - Henry - will definitely take you up on that.....hate to be this frustrated with an App that i used for years and I've always found easy to use (in the past). Look for me and my questions in about a few weeks. Oh, just thought of something....I did a 30 day trial membership on 6/6/18 - and, of course, that's still good til, I guess 7/6/18. That will expire won't it? So if I wanted to try again, I would have to go in again, full bore and would have no options to try.....ouch!!!!

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds great @tuni12! Feel free to '@' me here then (like I just did with your username!) and I can swoop in and reply—or else one of my lovely teammates will respond instead. :)

I (or whoever you talk to!) would be happy to get you started with a new trial then!

This discussion has been closed.