1Password 7 beta 3: smart folders not automatically updating

Options
Stephen_C
Stephen_C
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have certain smart folders which show items recently updated. When I update a relevant item the smart folder does not update (i.e., show the number of relevant items in the number beside the smart folder name) until I manually close the FOLDERS heading and re-open it.

1Password Version: 1Password 7.BETA-3
Extension Version: 4.7.1.2
OS Version: OS X 10.13.3
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @Stephen_C! What is your smart folder's settings for those recently updated items? I just created one for items updated less than 10 days ago, made a few changes to items, and it updated the folder properly when I went to an item, updated it, and opened the folder to check. Is that what you're seeing, or are you seeing something else?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

it updated the folder properly when I went to an item, updated it, and opened the folder to check.

(My emphasis.)

That sounds to me to be the difference between what you see and what I see. My folders are always "open" (in the sense that the folders are always individually displayed in the sidebar). The count of items within each smart folder is displayed beside the relevant folder. If I updated an item in 1Password 6 the item count beside the relevant smart folder updated immediately (i.e., without me having to do anything in the sidebar, like clicking on the folder or opening and closing the FOLDERS group). In 1Password 7 that does not happen.

Stephen

• Jacob
    Options

@Stephen_C Aha, that's a little different indeed. Just to make sure we're on the same page this time, are the item counts not refreshing? It sounds like that's what's happening, I just want to make sure :)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob, yes I'm sorry that was not sufficiently clear from my original post. It is the item counts that are not updating automatically.

Stephen

• Jacob
    Options

@Stephen_C No worries! I see the same behavior you mentioned, so I'll let the team know about this. :) Thanks!

ref: apple-289

This discussion has been closed.