1Password 7 puts local vault at the end of the vaults list instead of the top

Kepi
Kepi
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

In 1Password 6, my primary vault (iCloud-synced local vault) that contains most of my items was at the top of the vaults list giving it a keyboard shortcut of ⌘1.

In 1Password 7, that vault is now at the bottom of the vaults list putting it well after all my Teams and Family vaults such that it has extended past the 10 vault auto-shortcut limit. Said Teams/Family vaults are all in the same order they were in 6, it's just the local vault that's moved.

Was putting local vault(s) at the bottom of the list intentional? Any plans to put them back at the top like in v6?

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-4 (70000004)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @Kepi,

They're in the correct place, no plans for that to change.

Rudy

• haagendazs
    haagendazs
    Community Member

@rudy I'm experiencing the same issue that @Kepi describes. I'm subscribed to a company account with 10 vaults. Since upgrading to 1Password 7, my personal vaults are not accessible anymore with any keyboard shortcuts.

I understand that this is the desired behavior, but this change may affect a lot of power users of 1Password the wrong way, as we all use keyboard shortcuts to switch between vaults. The same is true for 1Password 7 Mini.

Possible workarounds would be:
    1. Not signing in to Team vaults and use the website only
    2. Always display items from all vaults
    3. Not using keyboard shortcuts

None of these options seems appropriate for an amazing tool like 1Password.

I consider the ability to sort individual vaults, or at least the ability to sort vaults that are grouped by sync option (iCloud, Dropbox, etc.) essential and hope that this feature will be considered for the final version of 1Password 7.

• Thanks @haagendazs. As Rudy mentioned we don't have any plans in this regard at this point, however I'll be happy to pass your feedback along to the rest of the team for their consideration.

Ben

• haagendazs
    haagendazs
    Community Member

@Ben Thanks for getting back to me. Since you're passing along that feedback, I'd like to add that the primary limitation I'm experiencing is having to go back to using the mouse when trying to select a vault. Instead of the ability to order vaults, an alternative could be another shortcut that brings up a list of all vaults and allows a user to perform a smart-search through all vaults by name.

• I like that idea. I'll make the suggestion. :)

Ben

• forsgren
    forsgren
    Community Member

So.. To me it seems beyond broken to put the primary vault at the bottom of the list. What's the reasoning behind this?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Broken in what way? I've got one too, and it seems to work just fine.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

Hey everyone,

I've posted a workaround for (re)assigning vault switching shortcuts in the main 1Password 7 app.

And this older discussion (started during 1Password 7 beta) is now closed, with the newer one (started by forsgren) remaining open for further comments. Cheers. :)

This discussion has been closed.