How can I log on to a new computer that I don't frequently use. I.e. a public computer?

Hey there,

I am considering using 1-password (the family package, I think). Yet, I also have to log on to public computers at work regularly on my Dropbox accounts (I work at university). Is this possible with using the 1-password app? Or not?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Logging on to third computer

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@maurits_meijers: No, that isn't possible with the standalone 1Password app using local vaults. And frankly it's not something we would recommend anyway. Accessing sensitive data on an untrusted machine is risky (to put it mildly), and we don't suggest doing it. It's your call since it's your data, but it's not something I'd ever do except in a real emergency where I had absolutely no other choice.

Now, while I still wouldn't recommend doing that on a public computer, a 1Password.com membership does include the web interface along with the latest version of all of the apps (and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data). You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

Just, whatever you do, consider carefully where you access your most important data, as that's not a cat that can be put back into the bag.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file