My hard drive failed and I need to set up 1password on a new machine. I have a license key. Help!

With data unrecoverable, I don't have my secret key or emergency kit. I am a secondary vault off of a licensed user. I have that license key and I have the main secret key, but don't have a separate one for my vault. I do have access to my data via dropbox and via the iPhone app (but it did not include the secret key.) How do I get the app up and running under these circumstances?

Thanks!

Nancy

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:my hard drive failed and I cannot access old data. I'm trying to set up 1password on my new pc.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@N_Reiter: I'm sorry to hear that. Indeed, the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to download your data, is if you signed up for a 1Password.com membership. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from another device or create a new vault. It sounds like you have it in Dropbox already. In that case, install the version you purchased from your license email, and then open your existing vault when you setup the app. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• N_Reiter
    N_Reiter
    Community Member

thank you, I will give that a try.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@N_Reiter: On behalf of Brenty you are very welcome! :+1: Let us know how it goes. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.