1Password Firefox Suggestions

Hello, First off, thank you so much for bringing this to Firefox, it's working great so far. I do have a couple of suggestions and minor bugs to report though:

1. When bringing up the 1Pass window via the keyboard shortcut, the focus isn't in the search window right away as it is in Chrome. I'm not sure if this is just a bug or intended but that feature is beneficial when trying to search for a website or login info quickly.
  2. This relates to 1 and is also something that happens in Chrome. After bringing up the 1Pass window and searching for login info, pressing tab will eventually get you down to the username and password info. However, it seems that it cycles to + New Item, the settings gear, I'm not sure where third tab goes, back to login info that was searched for, next two tabs I'm not sure where focus is, edit item, and then finally gets to the username and password. Obviously not a huge deal, but I think it would be better to have the focus go right to username and password after searching for an item. That way you can bring up the app, search for login info, tab down to username or password, and copy the information.
  3. Lastly, a minor bug that I think has already been reported. When trying to open 1Password in a private Firefox window, it just shows a blank screen. The app comes up but it is completely blank.

That's all I have for right now. Great work on 1PasswordX!!! Now that it's out and working for Firefox I'm a very happy customer! :D

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.6.3 Beta
OS Version: Ubuntu Budgie 18.04
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @ForbQuiet: I've noticed 1 myself and passed it along a few days ago, so we're already looking into it. This definitely isn't intentional. We love the keyboard and want it to be as easy as possible to use 1Password X without touching your mouse, so we'll get it fixed up. :+1:

For 2, the extension menu is navigated with the arrow keys rather than tab. Tab will go through elements one by one, but if you search, press down arrow, then right arrow, that'll get you the username right away. One more down arrow and there's your password. :chuffed:

3 has been reported and is definitely an easy one to reproduce, so we've got that one from here.

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback and happy bug hunting! :chuffed:

• ForbQuiet
    ForbQuiet
    Community Member

Ah ok. Yeah, I'm so used to using tab for everything I just figured that was the fastest way to get to those items. Thank you for the response.

One more thing I noticed is after using the 1Password shortcut to enter a username and password into a website it doesn't leave the cursor after the password which prevents you from being able to press enter to login right away. For instance, on Chrome I can navigate to a website, press 1Password shortcut, press enter, the username/password info populates on the website, and the cursor is in the password field so I can just press enter and the website will load. On Firefox, it seems that the username/password info will populate but the focus isn't in a spot where pressing enter will load the webpage, causing you to have to manually click on enter or login.

I know sooo much extra work haha. I just like my keyboard shortcuts :p Anyway, thank you so much :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yeah, it's definitely a new adventure getting used to how Firefox does things. Thanks for your feedback on this! We'll keep at it. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.