I can longer sync all of my devices to an external drive to a "Folder" via WLAN Server and WiFi.

Options
lescovorro
lescovorro
Community Member

I can no longer sync (backup) to an external drive. When I click on Folder in Preferences > Sync, I am not asked which folder. I need to sync two macs and two iPhones. I do not want to sync to iCloud or Dropbox.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0
OS Version: MAC OS 10.13.13
Sync Type: External Drive
Referrer: forum-search:I was able to sync all my devises to an external drive into a "Folder." It appears no longer

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lescovorro - the best way to ensure smooth, secure syncing is a 1password.com membership. If you're not interested in either that OR iCloud or Dropbox, then you'll need to utilize both Folder sync and WLAN sync. Folder sync would be for keeping the Mac <--> Mac sync, while WLAN sync would be for the iOS devices.

This guide to using Folder sync is the best way to set up or troubleshoot Folder sync on your Mac(s). However, as that guide mentions, local folder syncing in 1Password can be complex and depend on many factors, including your network and software configuration. Let us know how you get on.

This discussion has been closed.