Concealed field in 1P7 b4 changed so easily ?

Options
thightower
thightower
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

When in edit mode, if you click in a concealed field, it changes the value, just as if you clicked the icon on the right to generate a new password.
I know you may say this is normal behavior but I think 1p6 did not do this. I don't recall seeing this behavior. Further more I have a tendency to click in the field to actually make sure the password is present before editing other fields. I often do this immediately after setting the type as concealed.

Just today I was re setting up my HomeKit devices and the wife was in edit mode renaming the location of the device for me. She accidentally clicked in the field to read me the pairing code and a password was generated over writing the pairing code. If she had not told me as she did, the pairing code may have been lost.

In short I do not think the field should be changed unless the icon is expressly clicked, certainly not by clicking in the data box.

1Password Version: 7b4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hmm, I tried to replicate this on my mini and cannot. The only one that shows the symptom was her Touch bar 13".

Edit: I also see this on my 15 MB on at least one attempt.

Thinking out loud here. I am wondering if this is something to do with the display size, the two MB are 13",15" and the mini is a 24" display. Maybe on the smaller devices the clickable areas are overlapping ?

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @thightower! Does this happen in the main 1Password app, or 1Password mini? Your second post mentioned mini, but I'm thinking you were referring to your Mac mini. I just want to clarify before I investigate ;)

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob

Yep 2nd post was referring to my Mac mini

• Jacob
    Options

@thightower Okay good to know. I can't reproduce this on my MacBook Pro 15-inch w/Retina display. Is there a certain type of item you experience the issue with? If you get some reliable steps to reproduce, let me know so I can try those :glasses:

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob ,

I just updated to beta 5 and I cannot reproduce it on the Mac mini, 13" or 15" For the record it was in a Secure note, with 9 or 10 custom sections and about 4 fields per.

Unless I can reproduce this again, I would just file 13 this. I’ll keep an eye on it though.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2018
    Options

I’m not familiar with the term, but we’ll wait to hear more from you Tommy before we put too much more thought into it. :) Thanks.

Ben

Edit: I looked up ‘file 13.’ Got it. ;) We’ll /dev/null it.

This discussion has been closed.