Bug with using multiple screens

Options
trailmax
trailmax
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have 3 screens. Default Windows 10 behaviour with multiple screens is to move windows from one screen to another one on Shift+Win+Arrow.

If I have 1PW7 (full version, not mini) maximised to fit fill the screen and try to move it to another screen by the key combination, it does not always happen. However, if 1PW7 window is not maximised, it works just fine.

Correction: when 1PW7 screen is maximised and I try to move it to another screen, it only moves one way (to left just now for me) but not to the right screen. And sometimes I see it adjusting the size of the screen (my usable screens are slightly different sized due to different size of the toolbars).

Also when I attempt to move it to the right screen (and it adjusts the size to fill the screen), then I hit Win+Down Arrow, it goes hiding. I see an icon in toolbar that the application is open, but no amount of clicking is bringing it up. The only way to open 1PW screen again is to right-click on the toolbar icon and close it, then I can bring it in again.

So something funky is going on when using multiple screens (of different geometry) and trying to use shortcuts

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: Chrome
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hi @trailmax,

Thanks for reporting this.

Unfortunately, we do not have anyone with a three-monitor setup to test this.

It sounds like when you click on 1Password, it did come up but you don't see it on the visible monitors, like the geometry flipped around.

And sometimes I see it adjusting the size of the screen (my usable screens are slightly different sized due to different size of the toolbars).

That's normal, it does not resize until the move is done and then it'll redraw.

Correction: when 1PW7 screen is maximised and I try to move it to another screen, it only moves one way (to left just now for me) but not to the right screen

That is weird, that sounds like we're getting the wrong geometry of your triple-monitor setup.

I'll ask someone with a dual monitor setup to see if they can reproduce it.

• @trailmax: While I'm only using two monitors at present (I'd have to pull out my tower and peek at my GPU inputs to see if I can hook up a third), I can still reproduce this behavior exactly as you describe. Personally, I run into trouble when trying to move 1Password back to my main display as defined in my Windows settings. It has no beef moving to the secondary display, however.

In light of the above, I'd like to figure out if the direction is what's at issue here, or if it's more to do with primary vs. secondary/tertiary displays. My theory is direction doesn't matter and the problem is with moving 1Password back to the primary display specifically as, in my case, it moves right to my secondary display just fine, but won't move back left to my primary display, which is the opposite of what you're experiencing. Do you have your monitors configured in such a fashion that you could test moving between two non-primary displays while maximized and let me know if that works for you?

In the meantime, I'll pull out my tower, peer at available ports on my GPU and see if I can wrangle some desk space for a third display and do some more fiddling myself. Thanks! :chuffed:

• trailmax
    trailmax
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT

That's normal, it does not resize until the move is done and then it'll redraw.

What I meant that after the movement to another screen, 1PW maximised window does not fill the screen. And on another attempt to move the window it fills up the gaps and actually becomes maximised.

It sounds like when you click on 1Password, it did come up but you don't see it on the visible monitors, like the geometry flipped around.

I've tried this multiple times with all the windows minimised and with only 1PW open. It does not come out of the hiding. And if it does, it does not come to any visible screens.

@bundtkate I'm sure direction is not the reason. At one point I could not move it to the main screen indeed, only from one non-primary to another one. But after enough pushing and pulling I was able to move back to center (main) screen but only from one direction.
    Uh... and it is back to square 1. I un-maximised 1PW window, maximised it again and it would not move to the main screen, only moving between the satelite screens.
    So something funky is going on there for sure.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @trailmax,

What I meant that after the movement to another screen, 1PW maximised window does not fill the screen. And on another attempt to move the window it fills up the gaps and actually becomes maximised.

Thanks, I misunderstood what you said and it is that the gaps exist even after resizing.

We have it internally fixed and testing it before we release it, hopefully it should be in the next beta update.

We'll keep investigating this issue with multiple monitors, something is funky for sure. We'll follow up as soon as we have more.

• trailmax
    trailmax
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT Thank you!

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.