1P7beta4: 2 mini icons in menu bar

Thomas_U
Thomas_U
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Although I have set the mini icon to not show in 1 Password 6, there are 2 icons in the menubar.

One icon just turns blue upon click (screenshot 1), the second shows the panel (screenshot 2).

Also you can see in screenshot 2: When I unlock 1P-mini the 7-beta-Application stays locked. When I click on the gear-icon/Open 1Password it opens 1Password 6!

I suspect that 2 instances of 1Password-helper are running. I need advice about how to disable all residues of 1Password 6.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thomas_U
    Thomas_U
    Community Member

I just found a solution myself.

I deleted 1P6 and all it's support-files using App Cleaner.app, restarted and now there's just one icon and that panel opens 1P7beta.

Issue resolved!

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2018

Thanks for the update @Thomas_U; this is indeed a consequence of 1Password 6 continuing to run. That said we would strongly urge against using any sort of “cleaner” apps on 1Password as they have a track record of wiping out important data (like your vault(s)). Simply fully quitting 1Password 6 and then dragging it to the trash should resolve the issue.

Ben

ref: apple-327

• Thomas_U
    Thomas_U
    Community Member

hi Ben, thanks for the warning. But as i am using the vault on the agilebits-cloud nothing important could get lost.

• That’s fair. 1Password membership is pretty great in that respect. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.