Duo Enrollment Broken in Windows app [Fixed in 6.8.534]

Options
Justin Mullis
Justin Mullis
Community Member
edited April 2018 in 1Password 4 for Windows

We've just enabled Duo integration on our Teams account. When Windows users go to unlock their vaults for the first time, they're greeted with this error instead of the enrollment process. This feature was in beta for a while, disappointing that I'm spending my morning troubleshooting this with all of our Windows users.

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hi @Justin Mullis,

Thanks for reporting this.

We really apologize about that, we didn't test an account that has not been enrolled manually on the 1Password.com website and we didn't see anyone else report this during the beta period either, we missed it.

We'll get this fixed as soon as possible. For now, were you able to get your employees to sign in to their account on 1Password.com site to enroll with Duo? After they sign in and finish the enrollment with Duo, 1Password for Windows should let them in instantly.

ref: OPW-2053

• Justin Mullis
    Justin Mullis
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Yes we figured out what was happening and just directed folks to the website.

I didn't see a way to enroll folks manually on the 1Password site. We could just turn the feature on or off. Everything else was handled on the Duo website.

I had Duo break really bad for a single user and needed to manually enroll her and then go through all sorts of hoops with getting her the activation link. But she's an older user, I was assisting remotely, so she may have been missing something on her phone.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Justin Mullis,

I believe that they should see a prompt to enroll in Duo when they sign in to their account at 1Password.com in the browser. You will not be able to manually enroll them from your account.

We filed this issue and will release an update ASAP. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with, we are always here for you. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Justin Mullis,

I just want to follow up to let you know that we've shipped an update today to address this issue. It looks like this:

This button will takes them directly to the Duo's enrollment process in their default browser. We'll release an integrated process in a future 7.0 update.

Thanks again for reporting this!

• Justin Mullis
    Justin Mullis
    Community Member
    Options

Cool beans thank you guys!

• MikeT
    Options

❤️ You're welcome. If there's anything else we can do, please do let us know.

This discussion has been closed.