1Password sync to Dropbox without 1Password Teams for multiple users possible?

Options
DeeEye
DeeEye
Community Member

Hi all
Firstly - love 1Password, it's an amazing app I've been telling all my friends about. I'd like to get my parents onto 1Password and would like to be able to view all of their information and share.

I currently use 1Password for Mac and iOS - all latest versions - I use the paid version of the software (I do not subscribe to Teams or 1Password.com services as I do not want a monthly fee) is it possible to have shared vaults without a monthly fee?

If not possible, is it possible to simply open my Parents' vault from my Mac, then toggle between their vault and my vault? I use Dropbox as the sync platform and would like to do the same for my parents. Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.88
Extension Version: Chrome
OS Version: OS X
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @DeeEye! Thanks so much for the kind words about 1Password. :) I know you said you don't want a monthly fee, but I have to be straightforward with you: a 1Password Families account is far and away the best way to do what you're asking to do. And yes, that means you would have a monthly or annual fee (your choice, though annual is cheaper - $59.88/yr vs $83.88/yr). But for that, you get a 1Password account for up to five family members; each person has their own private vault for personal items, plus access to the family-wide Shared vault -- and as many other vaults as you think you want/need, PLUS access to all four of our native 1Password applications (Windows, Mac, iOS and Android) -- so every family member can have just the apps they need, without worrying about additional cost or managing licenses.

Having said that, if you just don't want to go that route, and you're comfortable setting up and managing advanced, 3rd party sync/sharing on your own, you can certainly share a vault via Dropbox (or more than one, if your parents have different vaults for their individual stuff).

This discussion has been closed.