Delete delay on big vaults [Expected for the current beta builds]

Options
bpiec
bpiec
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have a vault with ca. 800 logins. The old Windows client was veeery slow so I am very happy with the new one loading almost instantly.

I noticed one problem though. When I choose "Move to Trash" from context menu or press Ctrl+Del (why not single Del???) there is a noticeable delay (4-5 sec) before the item disappear. UI seems to be responsive within that time but when I click any other item it is not loading at all, old item is constantly presented on the screen.

1Password Version: 7.0.352
Extension Version: 4.7.1.2
OS Version: Windows 10.0.16299.309
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @bpiec,

Thanks for reporting this.

This is currently expected due to a lot of stuff happening in the background. When you make a change, we save the changes to the local database, back up your existing external OPVault folder and then update that external OPVault to sync it. The UI itself is suffering because of all of this.

This is us just being cautious right now with your data in 1Password 7 betas. We'll be reducing each work carefully in each beta update and optimize the performance.

• bpiec
    bpiec
    Community Member
    Options

Then please display some progress bar or indicator so that user does know that something is happening.

• MikeT
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hi @bpiec,

We have no plans to do that, that's just adding more work when we're trying to reduce them. As this is a beta of a new major release, it is expected to have some issues. It'll get better in future updates and we do not anticipate that the first stable release of 1Password 7 to have this issue.

You should also review our known issues here.

• bpiec
    bpiec
    Community Member
    Options

👍

• tiantai
    tiantai
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I look forward to having the Windows version sped up. 1Password 4 for Windows was very slow and beta 7 Windows is much better, but it still doesn't compare to beta 7 Mac.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

@tiantai:

I just want to make sure your expectations aren't set too high.

1Password 4 for Windows was very slow and beta 7 Windows is much better, but it still doesn't compare to beta 7 Mac.

The database performance is on par with the macOS version of 1Password, it won't get faster on the same hardware. The issue here is of the "responsiveness" feeling, basically, we're doing too much and too fast at the same time. The macOS version has several years worth of development behind it, with a lot of optimizations and threading work done. 1Password 7 doesn't have any optimizations nor threading work simplified just yet, that comes after we're done with the features to match macOS and 1Password 4 versions.

• tiantai
    tiantai
    Community Member
    Options

Don't worry, @MikeT. I've already been prepared for "lowered expectations"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gt4StirOzc

LOL ;-)

• Jacob
    Options

:lol: 👏

• bpiec
    bpiec
    Community Member
    Options

I guess 1Password 7 for Windows is out of beta, isn't it?

I still see many delays when I operate on my vault. Deleting or editing still make me to wait several seconds before updating an UI.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bpiec: I see that sometimes on my Surface too. Are you similarly resource-constrained?

• bpiec
    bpiec
    Community Member
    Options

No. It's a normal laptop. About 4-year old but with i7 and 16 GB of RAM. But my vault stores about 800 logins.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @bpiec,

Unfortunately, we ran out of time to include the optimizations for the first stable release. It is coming in a future update but we have no timeframe on this.

However, just to make sure there's nothing unexpected, please do send us your 1Password diagnostics report. Use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• bpiec
    bpiec
    Community Member
    Options

Report sent.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we'll take a look at the diagnostics. I'm looking forward to future optimizations too. :)

ref: YIA-55821-511

This discussion has been closed.