TOTP with 1Password X

Hey,
i added the TOTP with the Windows Client without any Problems.

But how can i add a 2FA with 1Password X?
And is it normal, that 1Password X doesn't fill die TOTP automatically?
Cause there is no 1Password X Logo in the field.

Greetings

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

Hey @blaxxz,

In an effort to not "recreate the wheel", here's a link to a fairly lengthy post (with video) I wrote on how to add a time-based one-time password (TOTP) secret to a Login item on your 1Password.com account. 😁

As for filling automatically and displaying our inline menu on TOTP fields, these are both items we are planning to bring to 1Password X in a future release. It's much harder for us to detect TOTP fields than a standard login form. Until we could do this properly – without a bunch of false positives – we decided to err on the side of caution and only display the inline menu on forms with password fields.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any questions and have a great week!

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

In an effort to not "recreate the wheel", here's a link to a fairly lengthy post (with video) I wrote on how to add a time-based one-time password (TOTP) secret to a Login item on your 1Password.com account. 😁

Thanks for this. This is so easy 😁

• Cool. I'm glad Beyer was able to help.

And thank you for reminding me about how passionate I am about TOTP filling. I have some ideas there that I hope to have some time to play with soon.

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

I found another Site with 2FA. https://forums.serebii.net/
    I wanted to test.

I can setup this in 1Password without a Problem but....
    When i must enter the 2FA Code there is no 1P Icon in the line.
    And no prompt that 1P X can add the Code.

Is this normal?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@blaxxz: Use 1Password X's keyboard shortcut or toolbar button. It fills just fine here, but we'll see if we can get it to display the icon in the field in the future. Thanks for bringing it up! :)

ref: b5x-427

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

but we'll see if we can get it to display the icon in the field in the future.

That would be nice.

Thanks for your answer ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.