Suggestion: Click to unlock after typing password [Planned]

Viper007Bond
Viper007Bond
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Pressing enter after typing a password always makes me nervous. What happens if I accidentally type the password into the wrong window? What if something steals my window focus? It's happened to me before and I've sent passwords for other things to IRC and such. That was not fun.

In previous versions of 1Password, I'd always type my password and then use my mouse to click the unlock button to be sure.

Can we get something similar in 7? Being able to click the 1Password icon above the password field for example seems like a good solution.

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 1083
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Viper007Bond! Thanks for the feedback. There's always the possibility of typing your Master Password in the wrong window, so just make sure the 1Password window is what you're seeing when you enter it. You can also use Windows Hello to unlock 1Password if you have a computer that supports it. I'll let the team know you asked about an unlock button as well. :)

ref: opw-1872

• Viper007Bond
    Viper007Bond
    Community Member

Yep, I use Hello after the first unlock and my current solution is to quadruple check where my typing is going, but it still makes me nervous typing out such an important password and then pressing Enter afterwards. :)

Thanks @Jacob.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

@Viper007Bond - Hi, I asked about a similar feature for 1Password mini (I'm not sure if your question relates to the main program?) and received a positive response that it's planned for a future 1Password version :+1:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/85751/possible-mouse-button-for-unlocking-1password-mini-unlock-button-will-be-added-to-the-interface

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member

Yeah, not a fan of windows hello so an alternative would be good. Though to be honest, I do feel like 1Password mini and app lose focus at the oddest times.

• Hi guys,

The lock view will be getting a redesign and yes, there will be a button to unlock, in addition to Windows Hello. However, we do not have a timeframe on this as we still have a lot of features to finish first before we get to this on our list.

As for focusing issues, if you can find the steps to reproduce it consistently, please do let us know. We haven't been able to narrow it down once.

• hanharr
    hanharr
    Community Member

And you can even add a setting so that when I open 1password, Windows Hello offers to inject me with a PIN. Without additional clicking on the icon.

• Hi @hanharr,

If you see the Hello button, you can press enter in the empty Master Password field, it'll trigger Windows Hello for you automatically.

• hanharr
    hanharr
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT
    Oh, that's great. Thank You!

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.