Hi! I'm using 1P 7 Beta. I see a change in the way the updates are applied and don't know if it's n

Options
Fourquaux
Fourquaux
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi! I'm using 1P 7 Beta. I see a change in the way the updates are applied and don't know if it's normal.
If not it's a minor issue, but I think it should be restored to the old way.
When I check for updates and there is one, I get the window explaining what is contained in the new update. Regular behaviour.
But I don't have the time to read the content and the update starts without asking for the agreement. That could cause some issues if the update installation couldn't be delayed.
Anticipated thanks.

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:beta update

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

It is the way updates are working for at least the 1Password 7 betas currently. I agree it doesn't give much time to check the update notes before the updater proceeds to install the update. In case it helps, you can check the release notes, for each release, here. (I appreciate that does not directly address your concern.)

Stephen

• Fourquaux
    Fourquaux
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the answer.

• sig_eigei
    sig_eigei
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

when using "Check for Update", the update starts automatically without asking confirmation to proceed with download.

1Password Version: 7b4
    _Extension Version:
    Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I don't think it's a bug: please see this thread.

Stephen

• sig_eigei
    sig_eigei
    Community Member
    Options

thanks, I just read it. It is strange behaviour (a la Crashplan), especially when beta testing, not to be able to review changes before installing.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2018
    Options

Merged. I’ll talk with development and see what the intention is here. In the mean time as Stephen mentioned you can view the release notes here:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM7

Ben

This discussion has been closed.