Convert 1Password PRO (one time purchase) to Family

Options
Skoobanul
Skoobanul
Community Member

I made separate purchases in the past and bought 1Password for Mac (now running version 6.8.8) and 1Password Pro for iOS (now running 7.0.6 on my iPhone/iPad). They sync through iCloud. Now I would like to share some passwords with my husband and have him have his own vault as well. How do I go about this? Is there any benefit to already owning the Pro version or are those features included in the Family Plan anyway (and did I basically make the wrong decision about paying for the Pro version instead of getting a subscription?). Or do I lose features when I go to the Family Plan?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password Pro (one time purchase) to Family

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Skoobanul: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It isn't possible to "convert" a purchase for a specific version of the standalone app to a membership, as they're completely separate. Essentially the app is a small fraction of a 1Password membership, as the membership includes all of those, along with the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. 1Password Families is a way to get memberships for all of your loved ones, so they can have all the same benefits as well. So while I wouldn't call it a "wrong decision", if you need more than just the single app, it sounds like you may want to go with a membership instead. If you'll shoot us an email at sales@1password.com we can help you make the transition there. :)

• Skoobanul
    Skoobanul
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Thanks for your answer! Will I lose any features if I go to the Family plan? And what if I ever decide to cancel the Family subscription again, can I move back to my 1Password PRO standalone apps on iOS and Mac again?

• Skoobanul
    Skoobanul
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty I now see an email in my mailbox about 1Password 7. I guess that I'll have to buy a new version anyway if I stay on the standalone app but want the newest version?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your answer! Will I lose any features if I go to the Family plan? And what if I ever decide to cancel the Family subscription again, can I move back to my 1Password PRO standalone apps on iOS and Mac again?

@Skoobanul: With a 1Password.com membership, you get all of the features of all of the apps. Generally we recommend using the free trial period to decide if you want to stick with that. Just keep your original data so that you can revert back to that if you decide to stick with the standalone version.

I now see an email in my mailbox about 1Password 7. I guess that I'll have to buy a new version anyway if I stay on the standalone app but want the newest version?

Indeed, if you want 1Password for Mac (or Windows) version 7, you'll either need to have a 1Password.com membership, which includes that, or purchase a separate license for the new version. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.