Possible to list all members

emilr
emilr
Community Member

Hi

It seems that we have to many members to be able to see them all in one list.

We routinely review the list of users to see who is using the service and who shouldn't be an active team member. That's kind of difficult when I have to search for it first.

Is there any plan to show the entire list again?

In the meantime I guess I can use the 1Password command line tool to get the list?

Best regards
Emil

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @emilr,

You're right, for teams larger than 150 there's no longer a way to view a complete list of users when using the website. We realize that this was an important feature to do things like seeing who is still using the account when they shouldn't be, as well as the opposite... who's not using the account when they should be. This is functionality that we want to bring back via other means. I don't have an exact timeframe for you, but it's something that I think is really important, especially for bigger teams.

The command-line tool's op list users will give you a complete list of the user accounts, but it won't contain the last sign in date. You could use jq to filter the users to only show the active users then only show the names/email addresses to look for people who still have access but shouldn't.

Rick

• emilr
    emilr
    Community Member

Hi @rickfillion

Great to hear that you have the feature on the roadmap.

I tried to use the op command line tool, but the it doesn't output the account state, so I can't filter for only active users.

Are I'm doing something wrong?

Best regards
    Emil

• You're not doing anything wrong, @emilr. The server is providing the account state (and type) back to the CLI tool, but the CLI tool strips them out because it's not familiar with those fields (strongly typing JSON is a great way to drop data to the floor). We're working on getting a build out of op that will give you those fields. It should be in v0.4 which I'm hoping to get released really soon (measured in days, not weeks).

Rick

• @emilr apparently days turned into minutes. We just released version 0.4 of the command-line tool which should have those. Here's an example command that would find all of the users in active state:

op list users | jq -c '.[] | select(.state | contains("A"))'

I hope this helps.

Rick

• emilr
    emilr
    Community Member

That's awesome @rickfillion, the version 0.4 was most useful for getting this task crossed off my todo, thank you!

• Great to hear that did the trick for you. Let me know if you need a list of types or states since those aren't publicly documented anywhere.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.