Where do I start? 1PW 7 ...1PW X.... I'm really lost!

three-cushion
three-cushion
Community Member

What is all this X business? I'm waiting for 7.0. when did X emerge? I guess I'm not on a list to receive update articles re 1PW?

I'm a subscriber user...can I use X.... Why di I want to? I'm the Only user of my 3 devices...iMac, iOS....what does X give me that I don't already have?

Daves recent post was out of the blue! where do I sign up for more info??

Jim b

1Password Version: 6.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: subscriber

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

What is all this X business? I'm waiting for 7.0. when did X emerge? I guess I'm not on a list to receive update articles re 1PW?

If you didn't opt-in, then no we won't be sending you anything. But you can keep up with AgileBits and 1Password news by following us on Facebook, Twitter, our blog, and our email newsletter. Nothing spammy, always just useful 1Password tips and announcements. :)

I'm a subscriber user...can I use X.... Why di I want to? I'm the Only user of my 3 devices...iMac, iOS....what does X give me that I don't already have?

You can use 1Password X in many situations where you might not be able to (or want to) install a full app. And it gives you 1Password icons you can use right in login forms to save and fill login credentials, without having to use any menus. Check it out:

Get to know 1Password X

Daves recent post was out of the blue! where do I sign up for more info??

Which one? Dave's been pretty busy lately! :lol:

Anyway, you can find information on the various 1Password 7 betas in the following locations:

1Password for Windows

1Password for Android

1Password for Mac

However, if the somewhat confusing version information you included in your post is accurate, you may not be able to run any of those. But let me know if you have any questions. Cheers! :)

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member

thanx... I must be on an email list...b/c Daves latest newsletter came in my email today?

iOS I have 1PW ver 6.9.1
    in iMac I have 1PW ver 6.8.8
    Safari Ext is Ver 4.7.0
    iMac is OS10.10.5
    iPhone is iOS 10.3.3
    iPad is iOS 9.3.5
    (NOTE upgrading to iPad Pro 12" next month!)

Daves email was headed "The fantastic four" ..1PW 7, 1Pw Business, then two on 1PW X..

please point me to where I can subscribe to be more up to date...

need links to X and to 7?

BTW..I will not use Twitter ever...use FB only b/c my daughter does...otherwise I would trash it.!
    I have never "Twittered". leave that to Tr****

theblog? how do I join that?

and..as stated. I did get Daves email at 9:05a today..4/3/2018

thanx. Jim. b

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@three-cushion: Yep! There's a new newsletter this week. I thought of you when that went out and hit my own inbox. :lol:

Regarding keeping up to date, as I mentioned earlier,

But you can keep up with AgileBits and 1Password news by following us on Facebook, Twitter, our blog, and our email newsletter. Nothing spammy, always just useful 1Password tips and announcements. :)

The newsletter contains links to information on 1Password X and the new 1Password for Mac version 7 beta, but I also linked you to information on both here in the forums in my previous reply. Definitely check those out and let me know if you have any questions. I'm happy to help! :)

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member

now let's narrow to 1PW X. I checked out the video, finally!

I now understand! X is 1PW within a single browser! Chrome for now....but NEVER for Safari...right? No way Apple will allow you inside their tent!?

OK.. it is up to me reX...
    Any restrictions if I use X Only on my iPad? Chrome works fine there for me.
    Or...Is X really to use in OSMac versions that support Chrome? Just askin'

thanx for your help..
    Jim b

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

now let's narrow to 1PW X. I checked out the video, finally! I now understand! X is 1PW within a single browser! Chrome for now....but NEVER for Safari...right? No way Apple will allow you inside their tent!?

@three-cushion: Not so much an Apple "tent" issue so much as Safari simply doesn't have the technologies that Chrome does. That could always change though. It's up to Apple. :)

OK.. it is up to me reX... Any restrictions if I use X Only on my iPad? Chrome works fine there for me. Or...Is X really to use in OSMac versions that support Chrome? Just askin' thanx for your help..

Unfortunately we're right back to Safari again: there are no other browser engines allowed on iOS, so Chrome there is just a Chrome-y interface to a Safari web view. But even if that weren't the case (like on Android), mobile browsers just aren't powerful enough to have robust extension frameworks like those available on the desktop (yet?) So 1Password X can work in only a "full" Chrome experience on a computer. But it's great on macOS, Windows, Linux, and Chrome OS. Cheers! :)

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

Hi Brent: I lost the email for the last post btw us.

I told you that Khad was coming to SanDiego to present 1PW to our MUG group...remember?
    Well he came .. i told him hello for you... his presentation was very good....
    Somehow he got on the tail of our latest thread here in LOUNGE and said he was glad to meet me.... etc etc

=============================================

Now for my comment: he left our meeting leader with the following URL for those who wanted a discount to 1PW..

When I use my iPad (iOS Ver 9.3.5) w/1PW Ver 6.9.1 and launch that URL I get this:

A page from Agile telling me to get the latest Safari, Chrome, etc etc .. b/c my browser (on iPad) is unsupported!
    Then it says... If I HAve a supported browser, use this URL: https://my.1password.com

Here is the kicker: I go to my iMac (ver 10.10.5 w/ 1PW ver 6.8.8) and both the above URLs work OK.
    BUT... iPad gives the error back to me..

Is my old iPad THAT bad?? wow!Apple wont update it beyond 9.3.5 ..... guess im stuck till I get a new one?

Anyhow khad was a lot of fun...

Jim B

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Hi Brent: I lost the email for the last post btw us. I told you that Khad was coming to SanDiego to present 1PW to our MUG group...remember?

@three-cushion: Well, I think I still want credit for guessing it was him, since you didn't say so explicitly...but you gave me some good clues! ;)

Well he came .. i told him hello for you... his presentation was very good.... Somehow he got on the tail of our latest thread here in LOUNGE and said he was glad to meet me.... etc etc

Thank you! Glad to hear it! I was only a little bit surprised to see him show up here. He's pretty crafty. :lol:

Now for my comment: he left our meeting leader with the following URL for those who wanted a discount to 1PW..

I've removed that since this is a public support forum and that's just for you folks to use.

When I use my iPad (iOS Ver 9.3.5) w/1PW Ver 6.9.1 and launch that URL I get this:
    A page from Agile telling me to get the latest Safari, Chrome, etc etc .. b/c my browser (on iPad) is unsupported! Then it says... If I HAve a supported browser, use this URL: https://my.1password.com
    Here is the kicker: I go to my iMac (ver 10.10.5 w/ 1PW ver 6.8.8) and both the above URLs work OK. BUT... iPad gives the error back to me.. Is my old iPad THAT bad?? wow!Apple wont update it beyond 9.3.5 ..... guess im stuck till I get a new one? Anyhow khad was a lot of fun...

Sorry for the confusion there. Indeed, older browser versions won't work, and your iPad will not be getting a newer one unless it can update to a new version of iOS. However, you only need to sign up for the account once, and it sounds like you can do so on your computer. After you've signed up for the account, you just need to migrate your data if you've already been using 1Password:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Or, if you're just starting out, follow this guide to get setup on all of your devices and get a feel for how things work:

Get started with 1Password

But if you have any questions at all or need help on a particular device, shoot us an email at support@1password.com so we can help. If you reply with the Support ID you receive here, that will also allow Khad or me to track down your email to get back to you sooner. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.