Can't quit 1P if you bail out of purchase

Options
TomWolsky
TomWolsky
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Launched 1P7. Had the option to subscribe or license. I've had a license for years. Sub offers more features, though I hate subs on principle, sorry. There's a trial for subs. Thought I'd try the trial. It's a new trial only. There's no option to get into the existing vault. Can't really test like that. Tried to back out, but couldn't. Closed the window. At that point 1P is stuck. Neither Cmd-Q nor the menu will quit the application. Had to force quit.

If I go to open the vault on iCloud with my password I get an empty 1P.

P.S. 1PX is really Chrome only? Such an ugly and hateful application. No way to make it work in Safari?

1Password Version: 7b5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @TomWolsky! Sorry about that. If you'd like to give the 1Password 7 beta a try, it's best to sign up for a 1Password account and use the account during the free trial. You can always move your data back to a standalone vault if you decide to after that. At this point, you may need to enable standalone vaults to get your iCloud data synced so you can import it:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Choose 1Password > Preferences from the menu bar, then click Advanced.
    3. Check the "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts" box and enter your Master Password when prompted.

Then click the Sync tab in 1Password's preferences and change choose iCloud from the "Sync vault with" menu. Once it's synced, move the contents of that vault to your new 1Password account.

P.S. 1PX is really Chrome only? Such an ugly and hateful application. No way to make it work in Safari?

Indeed! We're working on bringing it to other browsers. Chrome makes it a lot easier to develop that kind of browser extension. 1Password X only works with a 1Password membership, just so you know. :)

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Jacob. I'm giving the try out a couple of days to see how it goes.

• Jacob
    Options

Sounds good @TomWolsky! We'll be here if you have questions.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

Just a side note: When I get an iOS Mail notification for a reply in the thread and tap the link, it loads as a blank page. I can only access the link in the email notification using macOS.

• Jacob
    Options

@TomWolsky That's correct. The license link applies the license directly to 1Password 7 for Mac. It won't work on any other platform.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

I think you misunderstood. When you post a reply in this thread I receive an email notification. The email contains a link to this thread. Tapping that link in iOS loads a blank page in iOS Safari. The link works correctly in Mail on macOS. .

• Jacob
    Options

@TomWolsky Aah interesting! Are you using a content blocker in Safari on iOS? I just tried the notification links I've received for this thread and they work on my iPhone, which is using iOS 11.3.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Thanks. I'll check that. There probably is an ad blocker. The link should still work though, especially as there are no ads on the page. Thankfully the link will handoff to macOS. There are also ad blockers on macOS, but they don't seem to prevent the page from loading.

• Jacob
    Options

@TomWolsky Indeed, if there's an ad blocker it might be blocking https://discussions.agilebits.com because we use Vanilla, a popular forum software. If your ad blocker is also blocking comments, it would likely block everything here, since they're all comments. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.