Looking for the 1Password helper - Win 7 Pro, Chrome Version 65.0.3325.181 1Password 6

Options

Like others before, I've looked through the Forums. All the data there is at least a year old, but I tried everything I could find, except uninstalling 1P.

I used 1P4 for years and the extensions for Chrome, FF, and IE worked great. I switched to 1P6 sometime last year and I believe that the extensions haven't worked since. I occasionally look for a solution, get fed up with attempts, and revert to using the 1P6 user interface with copy/paste of the URL, username, and password.

I periodically reboot, including last night. I ensured that I have the latest Chrome version. I even downloaded and installed Chrome again. I removed and installed the Chrome 1P extension again. Still no luck.

I saw a suggestion to close the 1P6 user interface, which I did. When I clicked on the extension, it opened 1P6 user interface again, but the extension promptly gave me the Looking for the 1Password helper again.

I saw a suggestion that suggested a problem with Sophos, which seems to be antivirus software. I have used Symantec for many years, but I looked to see if anything 1P-wise was being blocked and I saw nothing like that.

Other suggestions?

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: Win 7 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dsiv,

Thanks for getting in touch! I am really sorry for this experience you have with 1Password 6. First of all, please check the following:

1) Open and unlock 1Password 6 on your PC.
    2) Go to > 1Password > Settings > Advanced and tell me what you have enabled under 1Password Browser Extension Integration

If Native Messaging is disabled there, please enable it for both browsers, restart 1Password and browser, and let me know if it works after that.

Thank you very much in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• dsiv
    dsiv
    Community Member
    Options

Greetings Greg,
    Enable Native Messaging for [Chrome, Firefox]
    are both checked.

Dave

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dsiv,

If Native Messaging is enabled in 1Password 6 app and the issue remains, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your PC, as described in this guide:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.

Cheers,
    Greg

• dsiv
    dsiv
    Community Member
    Options

DSW-68594-798

Thanks

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dsiv:

I found your report on our side, we will take a closer look at get back to you via email. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

ref: DSW-68594-798

This discussion has been closed.