I have purchased 1 Password, but cannot sign into "Account Details".

cdholt1
cdholt1
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I use 1Password across multiple devices daily. I am trying to use 1 Password X and it is asking for my secret key. I follow directions to go to iPhone app, settings and add account so I can scan code. I don't understand what the difference is between "account:" and purchasing software. Also all appropriate categories are greyed out on this form.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:account access

Comments

• Buttsc7875
    Buttsc7875
    Community Member

I purchased the software for my phone a couple of years ago. Now I can longer surf to a website to log in.

I tried to add another device but it's asking me for account info I don't recall getting.

• Hey @cdholt1! I’m sorry for the confusion about an account. Since you made a one-time purchase of 1Password, you didn't get an account. 1Password accounts are part of subscriptions, which have automatic sync between your devices, access to 1Password anywhere, and an account to access everything. You can create one to get the benefits accounts include, or you can keep using 1Password as you always have.

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

@Buttsc7875

I purchased the software for my phone a couple of years ago. Now I can longer surf to a website to log in.

I tried to add another device but it's asking me for account info I don't recall getting.

Could you give us some additional details about what kind of device you're using 1Password on? These would help:

• What operating system and version the device is using.
    • What version of 1Password is installed.
    • What happens when you try using 1Password

Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.