whats the latest 1Password software update for a windows 10 laptop?

Options

I have version 4 on my laptop but received an email to say v7 was available - why does my 1passowrd not update?
I cannot select a Question Catergory either (with mouse or arrows)? SO THIS CATEGORY IS NOT RELEVANT TO MY QUESTION

1Password Version: 4.6
Extension Version: 2.626
OS Version: windowas 10
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:whats the latest software update for a windows 10 laptop?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018
    Options

@shunter: I've moved your post to the Windows category of the forum. I'm sorry for the confusion here. The answer to your question is "it depends". 1Password for Windows version 7 is in beta, but it is not a free update, so it won't be offered to you automatically. If it was, you'd probably accept it only to later find that you needed to pay for it. I hope that clears things up, but let me know if you have any other questions. :)

• shunter
    shunter
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for moving I just couldn’t select ‘Windows ‘
    Ok got that. I have version 4 as the info I gave is that the latest release I should be using?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @shunter,

If you have a standalone license for 1Password for Windows now, 1Password 4 for Windows is the latest version for you at the moment. 1Password 7 for Windows will be a paid update, when it is released. If you are interested to learn more about it, you can check the post in our blog about beta or raise any questions you have here. :)

I hope it helps. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018
    Options

@shunter: Just to clarify, there isn't any selection required. You just click the category you want to view, and then you can create a new discussion there:

Does that help?

• shunter
    shunter
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty- got that. I tried it and my pc wouldn’t make the selection on the drop down I viewed.
    I tried mouse and keys down and use of CTL button.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@shunter: There isn't a dropdown there. When you're in the Windows category and you click the "New Discussion" button, it takes you here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/post/discussion/1password-4-win

Can you tell me what you mean?

• shunter
    shunter
    Community Member
    Options

On my Windows 10 Laptop I had a discussion topic dropdown list to chose and select.
    I moved the mouse curser to my desired topic eg “windows” and I couldn’t click to select.
    I tried others and a couple ‘none relevant’ could be selected so I picked a random one just to send the discussion.

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member
    Options

There is a freaky dropdown that appears every once in a while. Yeah. It is a showstopper when it shows up.

Select forum -> New Topic -> Type some stuff -> Save Draft -> Leave page -> Go to Draft -> try to Post.

Forum selection is grayed out.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AlwaysSortaCurious,

It is off-topic, but thank you for the details! We will definitely take a closer look at it. :+1:

Have a great Sunday!

Cheers,
    Greg

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, it seemed to be an issue that @shunter mentioned... and thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AlwaysSortaCurious: Ah, it does seem to be something to do with drafts. Thank you!

@shunter: Does that also match your experience?

This discussion has been closed.