Identity is not filling?

Options

Hi,
evey form where i wanted to let 1Password X fill my informations doesn't work.
It is also not recommended to me via the symbol in the form.
Also by the extension itself the filling out of the form does not work.

What am I doing wrong?

blaxxz

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @blaxxz,

If I'm reading your post correctly, it sounds like you are having both issues filling an identity item as well as filling in general from the inline menu. If you don't mind, I'd like to address that those two issues separately. Do you happen to have a login item for our support forum here? If so, does 1Password X fill it correctly?

Here's how filling a login item using the inline form looks on my machine:

Your browser does not support the video tag.

As for identity items, we don't yet support filling those through the inline menu. You can fill those by clicking the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar. Can you send me the website you are having issues filling an identity item on?

Thanks,
    Beyer

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

The filling of my logins is not the problem. This works fine for me. Like in the video.

I have Problems with the Identity Card that is saved in 1Password.
    I filled the information but nothing happens.

No Popup from the 1Password X Logo in the Field and when i click Fill in the 1Password Icon in the Toolbar it does not work.

My old password manager has always suggested to me to fill this out.
    If there was a field where I had to enter my eMail address, the manager asked me if he should insert the saved eMail.

Why does not it work that way in 1Password X?

Can you send me the website you are having issues filling an identity item on?

Every Site. This Identity function does't work for me.

For example:

Here is a Field for my eMail:

My old Manager asked me when i click on the Field if it should paste my saved eMail.

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

There it is.
    https://youtu.be/XKGTS6lhI-4?t=1m25s

Nothing happens to me there.
    No matter on which website.

• dteare
    Options

Thanks for the update, @blaxxz.

I think I see where the confusion is coming from as I just tested filling on our Contact Us page you pictured above and it worked fine for me. Curious I re-read your message and I think what's happening here is you're expecting the inline menu to appear so you can easily fill directly from the webpage itself. This is something we want to make possible in a future release. For now what you'll need to do is open up the 1Password popup from the toolbar and fill your saved Identity from there.

This is a great time to mention that this highlights a general philosophy we have with 1Password X. When we are certain that 1Password can do something valuable for you we add the 1Password icon to the field and automatically show the inline menu. When we are less certain, we don't. Also, the inline menu is kept as simple as possible. So if you ever need 1Password or need the full power of a certain feature (i.e. customize generated passwords), use the main popup from the toolbar.

I hope this helps. Take care, 👋

++dave;

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

For now what you'll need to do is open up the 1Password popup from the toolbar and fill your saved Identity from there.

You misunderstood me.
    This doesn't work for me as well.

I click there on "Fill" and the Form is still empty.

Look at the Video i posted. I do the same but nothing.

• dteare
    Options

Huh. Weird. 🤔

I wonder if this works for me because I'm using the beta. I know we made several improvements in the beta but I had thought our Contact Us page worked previously. If you don't mind trying the beta that would allow us to iterate on this and any other issues much faster.

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options
  • beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey, @blxxz.

I just responded to that thread.

I've seen some rumblings from a few folks that seem to have similar issues. This leads me to believe we might have an issue with something different on your Identity Item than the ones we use personally or in our testing.

Could you try creating a test Identity Item on 1Password.com, with a fake name, email address, and street address? Then, try filling that test item on the websites you're having issues on?

If this doesn't work than we know it's not your Identity Item and rather something different on your machine (browser, OS, etc) not playing nicely with 1Password X. Either way, I'll help get to the bottom of it!

Do you mind trying what I posted there as well?

Thanks for your help!

&drew

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Yes.
    I entered my Web Vault.
    Created a new complete fake Identity.
    1P X is filling this Identity immediately.
    But i created my real identity in the same way.
    Why isn't this working as well?

EDIT 01:52:

I deleted all identities once again.
    My real identity recreated.

Now it happens suddenly.
    I do not understand anything anymore.

Tested it also with this Site: https://www.otto.de/user/register?entryPoint=loginArea

1P X fills my first and last name in the Name (last name) field.
    Actually only the surname should be filled out.

On this Site:
    https://www.kaffeevorteil.de/customer/account/create/

1P X doesn't fill my Birthday.
    The Street and House Number is in this form seperate.
    But in 1P X there is nor field for the House Number.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @blaxxz!

Thanks for the additional information! I found a bug in our identity filling that I'm reasonably confident was the cause for your initial issue of not being able to fill an identity at all. I've fixed that on my machine, and you should see that in our next beta release. As for these other websites, I'll take a look and see if there's something we need to do to get them 100% working.

Thanks so much for your diligence! I hope you have a fabulous weekend. ☀️😁

&drew

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

I saved my Identity in the Vault. But why isn't 1P X suggested me to add my saved eMail Address?

• dteare
    Options

I'm sorry I did a poor job of explaining this in my earlier comment, @blaxxz.

Long story short: we do NOT show Identities or Credit Cards within the inline menu. To fill those you need to open 1Password from the toolbar and fill them from there. For example, here's how things look for me:

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

we do NOT show Identities or Credit Cards within the inline menu.

Maybe a feature in the future?

I'm used to it from my previous managers. Very user friendly.

• dteare
    Options

Totally. We'll get there, we're just not there yet. 🙂

Technically it's incredibly easy to add Identities and Credit Cards to the menu but we don't want to spam you. We only want to show it when it's possible to do something useful.

Again, we'll get there. 🙂

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

That would be great.

I'm definitely not the only person who wants this.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Me too! Being on the inside I've seen some of the future plans and I gotta say, I can't wait to get there! The rest of the 1Password X team and I will be meeting at our home base in beautiful (but cold) Toronto in a couple weeks where we will be working on and planning a bunch of additional features for 1Password X! 🤘

&drew

This discussion has been closed.