Update to 7 on Second Mac Causes Vault Duplication On Forced Import From 6 Vault

McCarron
McCarron
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

On the moving to 1Password 7 I moved to a 1Password.com account. So I merged one Mac's vault over to the new 1Password vault and pointed my iPhone to it as well. I then continued to use this new vault for the past week.

Tonight I decided to update another Mac to 1Password 7, and after some difficulty scanning the QR Code (it just doesn't work at all, throws me to a New Sign Up screen), I manually entered my information and it started setup.

Then it decided to merge my 1Password 6 vault with 1Password 7, without asking. It kept prompting me for the password and no way out of it. No cancel or anything.

Now my vault is entirely duplicated and I have to go through and delete every other item. Unless there is a rollback feature I'm missing somewhere?

1Password Version: 7.0.0 BETA 5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Well that's garbage, Patrick! I'm sorry this happened to you. Migrating a second Mac is clearly something we need to handle better.

In the mean time it should be pretty easy to get yourself out of this one. When we import data from 1Password 6 we tag it with the date of the import. Take a look at your tags and you should find one from your original import and one from today. Simply select the tag from today, select all the items in that tag, and trash them.

Let me know if you run into any other trouble.

• McCarron
    McCarron
    Community Member

That did it Michael! Perfect way to clean up that extra merge, glad I asked before just doing it myself.

Hopefully someone else who has this problem can also find this feature useful, I know I will.

• So glad that sorted things out for you. We need some sort of “I’ve already migrated” button or something here.

This discussion has been closed.