1Password 7: mini and safari plug-in takes a long time to fill or open

Options
somelez
somelez
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I'm be using 1Password since 2013 and I can't imagine not using it!
I have using the standalone version.

I'm experiencing some issues with 1Password mini and Safari plug-in. Some times the 'Command+\' takes a long time to fill forms (or not fill at all), also some times when I click 1Password mini or Safari plug-in, it takes a long time to open (5-6s).

As others already said here, I don't like at all, of the new approach for the custom fields. On version 6 this contents looks more compact and easier to access and use.

Another thing I noticed is that the size of the 1Password window is not retained after the application is closed. Every time I open the application, I need to resize the window (much because of the new approach of custom fields :) ) . This is quite frustrating.

By the way:
How to continue using colors instead pictures or photos to the vaults icons? Personally I would like to keep the colors schema as I have used in version 6 :)

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-5 (70000005)
Extension Version: 7.0.BETA-5
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud and Dropbox

Comments

• aklowther
    aklowther
    Community Member
    Options

I'm seeing this slow fill issue as well. If mini is "locked" it takes a while for the lock to display, then after inputting my password, autofill doesn't do anything.

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

Do you perhaps still have components of 1Password 6 installed? Please check and let us know. In particular — do you have multiple 1Password extensions in Safari?

Another thing I noticed is that the size of the 1Password window is not retained after the application is closed. Every time I open the application, I need to resize the window (much because of the new approach of custom fields :) ) . This is quite frustrating.

We are aware of this issue and hope to have it fixed while in beta.

How to continue using colors instead pictures or photos to the vaults icons? Personally I would like to keep the colors schema as I have used in version 6 :)

I don’t have any information on that, but thanks for the feedback. :)

Ben

• somelez
    somelez
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben, thanks for you answer.
    Yes, I still have the 1Password 6 installed but not running, also the mini version 6 is not running, only the version 7. On Safari I have only the new plugin 7.0.BETA-5.
    Today and after the upgrade to version 7.0.BETA-6 (70000006), I had no issues until now ;)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@somelez - thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear BETA-6 seems to have helped solve the issue for you. Keep an eye on it, and let us know if you experience any further problems. Cheers! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Closing this discussion as this particular issue was resolved long ago in the beta.

This discussion has been closed.