automatically lock 1password

It seems that even though I have this set to off, it ignores it much of the time but still randomly enough that I cannot say "all of the time". Not sure what the issue is with it.

This has happened on multiple PCs (all running Windows 10) and all running same version of Chrome and 1Password X v1.6.0 and v1.6.1 now.

1Password Version: n/a
Extension Version: 1.6.1
OS Version: Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Sync Type: no idea
Referrer: forum-search:automatically lock 1password

Comments

• maquinn78
    maquinn78
    Community Member

When you close Chrome, it locks. There is no way around this. The auto lock is for idle time even if Chrome is left open.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @jeffntx,

Welcome to our forums. We are delighted to have you with us! 🤘

I believe you see a small bug where in some cases 1Password X would lock even with "Automatically lock 1Password" disabled in settings. Sorry for this temporary inconvenience. The good news is, I've already fixed this while working on improving our auto locking for Firefox. You'll see this fix included in the next release of 1Password X.

As @maquinn78 noted, 1Password X will always be locked when you first open Chrome so if your browser is closed you'll need to enter your Master Password.

I hope you have a pleasant week. 😀

&drew

• jeffntx
    jeffntx
    Community Member

@maquinn78: it locks right in the middle of Chrome being open -- just did it in fact for no reason at all. Click the icon and it's open. Click it again and it's locked. No idea why.

@beyer: Outstanding to know that. let me know when it's ready!

• @jeffntx: We published a new beta a few minutes ago with this change. Once Chrome updates you to 1.6.2 please let us know if it resolves this issue.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.