How to log on to websites on public devices?

Options

This is what has made me hesitate moving to using 1Password - I assume that I can install the software and the service on my devices and my PC and all passwords for websites will be housed there. But if I am on the road and need to log on from a public device temporarily, how would I be able to do so without knowing the password(s) for the websites?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member
    Options

I either use my phone to look up a password and type it in, or use the device browser enter the secret key and password to open the web ui for easier cut and paste (I won’t do that from a hotel PC, but, Corp PC or trusted PC I have). What are you using now and how do you handle this issue now? Pretty much the same model whatever you use I suspect (the secret key makes for extra typing, but... I’m ok with it for the security)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @nickysid,

Thank you for getting in touch and your interest in 1Password! :+1:

AlwaysSortaCurious is right, you can always check the password you need in 1Password on your mobile device. Moreover, with 1Password account you will be able to access your data via web interface at 1Password.com in the browser (if you have your Secret Key and Master Password with you), but we do not recommend you to do it from the public computers someone else has access to. It is not safe or secure. If you still need access your account on a public computer, you can access your data by signing in to your account at "my.1password.com" in the browser and copy/paste your login and passwords from there. Moreover, I would recommend you to use a vpn service and de-authorize the public computer in your Profile Settings afterwards.

Please let me know if it helps. If you have other questions, feel free to raise them in your reply. :)

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.