Can't remap keyboard command on 1Password X in Firefox

Options

The default keyboard command (Ctrl+Period) conflicts with the Firefox Containers extension. The option to remap the key in settings doesn't go anywhere!

Otherwise it's great, loving it so far.

1Password Version: X Beta, 1.6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Agilebits

Comments

• dteare
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @sammularczyk. I'm glad to hear you're loving 1Password X in Firefox! ❤️

I confirmed your observation that our link to the extension keyboard shortcuts window doesn't work in Firefox. From what I can tell there isn't any way to customize extensions keys like there is in Chrome so I'm not sure where we could link to. Is there a window or preference that I'm missing? 🤔

If so we can fix this pretty easily. If not, we'll either have to remove the link entirely in Firefox or integrate deeper with the keyboard API. Hopefully you or @beyer can point out a page I'm missing as fixing a link is much much easier. 😀

++dave;

• Dr_T
    Dr_T
    Community Member
    Options

Same observation here. I'm running a Retina MacBookPro, 15", Late 2013, 2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, OS X 10.13.2 with the 1.64 beta. Here's http://bit.ly/2H3THsE a screenshot of the Extensions page where I'm supposed to be able to change the keyboard shortcut.

• dteare
    Options

Thanks for chiming in, @Dr_T.

I talked with @beyer and he has some plans to make our keyboard shortcuts customizable from our Settings page. I don't think we have any control over what's shown on the Extensions page you showed but we have our own Settings page you can access from the popup by clicking the gear icon in the top right.

It's not there yet but in a future release you'll be able to specify your preferred hotkey from there.

• Dr_T
    Dr_T
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave: Thanks for the update. Suggestion: Don't have 1PX tell the user that they can map the keyboard shortcut at this point if they can't. Add the link when the link actually does something.

• dteare
    Options

You're totally right, @Dr_T. 👍

This is exactly what Beyer is working on 🙂

• sschutten
    sschutten
    Community Member
    Options

Remapping the keyboard shortcut appears to be working now in Firefox. Thanks for the great add-in!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sure thing! Glad you're enjoying 1Password X in Firefox. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.