Automatic Fill and Login not working on https://service.simplytel.de

LosInvalidos
LosInvalidos
Community Member
edited April 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

Should this be working? Using a 1P bookmarklet as well as selecting the 1P item from 1P Firefox extension both do not autofill. Using Firefox 60.0b9 (64-Bit) and 59.0.2 (using bookmarklet and manually selecting login from 1P extension). The login is filled but not sent in both cases.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: wifi

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @LosInvalidos,

As you kindly supplied the URL I took a look to see what I could learn. Our submit after filling feature won't work for this page I'm afraid as the site doesn't respond when you press the enter key after typing the password. Most sites do accept this as submitting the form and it's how 1Password works as well. In my testing though I found 1Password would fill the fields either by manually visiting the page and using the keyboard shortcut ⌘\ or using open-and-fill. Is that what you have observed as well or are you saying fields aren't filling as well as the submit after filling not working?

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. As stated in the opening post "The login is filled but not sent in both cases." So filling works just fine. I wish big companies would be able to provide good websites - this is obviously not the case here :( and not the fault of AgileBits.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @LosInvalidos,

I apologise, I just wanted to make sure I didn't misinterpret anything you wrote. I've learnt the hard way to be careful about how I read something and our tendency to let assumptions fill in small gaps - it can lead to confusion when so much is about the details. If you come across any other problematic sites please let us know and hopefully we'll have a happier ending for one of those :smile:

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member

No offense taken at all. Looking at 1Password v7 behavior it seems Auto-Login has been deprecated, so this problem is a legacy one. Is that correct?

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

That's correct. Autosubmit has been removed from 1Password 7 since the mechanism that we used for the most reliable autosubmit is not allowed in Mojave. After you fill, the cursor should still be in the password field if one is available, so a quick return keystroke should get you in on most sites. The ones in this thread, though, will still require manual mousing as before. :)

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ 1Password
    Fort Worth, Texas

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member

I wish tech companies (like various german cellular providers) would adapt at least basic UX best practices for user interaction. :| But that's another story for another day... Thanks for responding. Feel free to close this topic.

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2018

Hi @LosInvalidos

Quickly jumping on the UX train here. :smile:

I totally agree with you regarding the implementation of basic UX practices. Having said that, the bigger a company, the harder it gets to make any changes. Imagine having to get ten different approvals just to let customers press return on a website. :'( I imagine good people at these companies try to squeeze those changes in during major redesigns. As you said, it might be a good topic for another day.

See you around. :wink:

This discussion has been closed.