Family Account, multiple users on same instance of 1password X

Options

Hi

Me and my wife use the same user on our living room PC which has Chrome on it. We both belong to the same 1password family account. I've installed 1password X on the computer in question.

My question is, can we both use it? What I'd like to do for example:
1) I'm on the computer and signed into 1password X with my master password
2) I lock 1password X and leave the computer (i dont close chrome or log out of the computer)
3) My wife starts using the computer after me
4) She signs into 1password X with her master password and the vaults visible to her unlock

Can this be done? At least I havent found a way to do it. My master password is the only one that unlocks 1password X. Do i have to create another user on the computer for my wife to make this work?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.6.0
OS Version: Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dteare
    edited April 2018
    Options

Welcome to the forums, @SunOfABeach! It's great to have you here. 🤗

This is a really interesting question. As you've found out already, 1Password X doesn't really like you having multiple accounts from the same domain. What I recommend you do is to setup a separate Chrome profile for you and your wife. That way you can have your own bookmarks, extensions, and 1Password X settings.

Here's a guide from Google on how to setup another profile:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2364824?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en

I hope that helps. Please let me know how it goes.

++dave;

• SunOfABeach
    SunOfABeach
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @dteare

Thanks for you reply. Setting up another chrome profile solved it.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! On behalf of Dave, you're very welcome!

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know and have a great weekend! ☀️😁

&drew

This discussion has been closed.