Unable to delete address from identity

Options
Janosh
Janosh
Community Member

I'm unable to delete an address from an identity. There doesn't seem to be a way to do this neither on Mac nor on iOS.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: not in use
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:delete address

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Janosh - Not sure what you mean; to delete an address from an identity, choose the record in 1Password and click/tap "Edit." Scroll down to the address field, and delete the text. Make sure to save your changes.

• Janosh
    Janosh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars, please see the attached image showing an emptied address field that still takes up white space. Can't find a way to get rid of it entirely. Emptying the country drop down seems not to be possible.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Janosh - Ah, I see: you mean to delete the fact that there even IS an address. The Identity record type is hard-coded to include a few fields, just like other record types are. Address is one of these fields. It's non-removable, and present even when you create a new identity (if you don't give it an actual address).

• Janosh
    Janosh
    Community Member
    Options

Even if that we’re the case (and I don’t see why an address should be a required fields on an identity) you may have noticed that I have another populated address field above the one I want to remove. I used to have two addresses on that identity, now I want to go back to one. That should be possible, right?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018
    Options

@Janosh

I don’t see why an address should be a required fields on an identity

I didn't say it was a required field, I said it was one of the default fields. You're not required to enter data into it, but the fields cannot be deleted even if empty. My point in bringing this up isn't simply to split hairs, but to point out that it's certainly valid to request things be made different in the future, but as it stands this isn't an error or bug; it's functioning as designed.

I agree there's room for improvement here, and I'll file a feature request with the team to see what we can come up with for future releases. Thanks for reporting!

ref: apple-609

• Janosh
    Janosh
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Looking forward to any updates!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Janosh :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.